Mid January Hatch thread....

Our egg is due to hatch on the 10th. Last night I kept dreaming that I was watching the egg hatch. When I woke up at 2AM I actually had to go to the basement and look. Nothing, momma sitting on the egg and not even a pip yet. My husband thinks I'm crazy.... He calls me the Crazy Chicken Lady! This wait is going to drive me insane!
barnie.gif

We candled last night too.(day 7 & 3(staggered hatch)) I had 54 eggs in the bator..took out 6( 2 blood ring, 4 complete duds). All out of the day 7 eggs. I have a really hard time telling anything about the eggs before day 7. I had lots of swimming babies and some that I'm not sure about. Very excited to see the babies moving... My 5yr old said, " We're hatching eggs now!!" She was so excited! I love teaching my kids about new things & watching their minds take it all in.
jumpy.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
love.gif
ya.gif
love.gif
bun.gif
love.gif

I candled again last night (day 14) and I lost another but I'm still at 21! Lock down is Wednesday
celebrate.gif

I just went in to check the humidity on the incubator and because I'm a crazy chicken lady, I peeped at it and guess what?? It peeped back!!!! I didn't get to experience that the last time. It was pretty cool. We are due Tuesday, I hope I have one when I get home from work tomorrow.

Ok, my hatch is now complete. I had seven make it to lockdown (remember, suspicious incubator baked 3 of mine), and six hatched into adorable chicks.

I can't wait to hear how the rest of you do. It'll be fun to watch. Please post lots of pictures.
pop.gif

I'd post pics of mine, but I feel like I totally dominated this board and overran it in posts lately, so I hate to post even more pics.

Back
Top Bottom