Mid January Hatch thread....

O fer cute!!!! Showed DH and he says "no duckies, chickens are enough" lol

The last two from my hatch are out.... one that took forever, and he/she has an umbilical hernia, which is shrinking, but I'm not sure if it will survive. The other one was the other EE I received ... and its white
big_smile.png
... so I have one really dark one and one light one. Here's to hoping they are both pullets
fl.gif

Even with a 90% hatch rate this time around, I don't think I will try hatching any more for a while. It's so hard to wait, so hard to sleep when the wee ones are due, and the sadness that comes from unhatched eggs and/or babies that aren't 100% healthy...

But I doubled my flock size
big_smile.png
after promising DH in October that I only wanted 5 or 6 pullets for eggs, ended up with 16, and now with the addition of the 19, I have 35. Thank you to those Chicken Math enablers. ********* My feed store thanks you too
lau.gif

So due to an unplanned wrestling trip to Tennessee, here I am 600 miles away from my incubator and day 21 starts at 9pm tonight. I keep calling my son at home for updates. So far no cheeps, pips or zips. Could they graciously be waiting for me to get home tomorrow or did something go wrong?

Signed

Stranded in Memphis biting my nails.

So due to an unplanned wrestling trip to Tennessee, here I am 600 miles away from my incubator and day 21 starts at 9pm tonight. I keep calling my son at home for updates. So far no cheeps, pips or zips. Could they graciously be waiting for me to get home tomorrow or did something go wrong?
Signed
Stranded in Memphis biting my nails.

Aww... they're just waiting for you...

Omigosh, Donavee, your duckies are so adorable!!!!!

Totally waiting for you!!!

I got some new eggs today- blue laced red wyandottes that I'm going to set tonight. I'm excited!

Last edited:
Update....

Finally went to bed at 10:00, couldn't stay awake any longer.  I had just witnessed number 7 be born, and he was one I was worried about, so I went to sleep.   Woke up at 4:00 to check on them, and I had 10 more! And I have 3 more pips!  I was hoping for a 30% hatch rate, because they are shipped eggs that came so far in the cold and I'm brand new to this...guess it worked much better than that!!  Once again, a BIG THANK YOU to Hot2Pot for knowing her stuff with packing!!!

I will upload a picture as soon as I have a little more coffee in me lol

I am so happy about your wonderful hatch!:-D

Ok I think I have written my hatch date wrong since today would be day 22 and nothing has happened yet so I'm thinking when I transfered the dates to my 2012 calendar I looked at the dates wrong and thought I had written the 26th but it was supposed to be the 29th which is better becuase it's supposed to warm up a bit this week so I'll be on hatch watch starting Wed

Back
Top Bottom