Mid January Hatch thread....

ACK!!! AN EGG SHELL!!! And a whole lot of peeping going on, as well!!!
wee.gif

I havent caught a glimpse of the baby yet, which is really okay considering the thermomter says its about 45 degrees in the broody box. Its exciting enough to know that there IS one!!! YEAY!!!

I am wondering all of you that have numerous different breeds do you let them roam together or keep the breeds separated so as to not to have cross breeds ?

Mine are all together right now! They stay toasty together! Come spring they will be separated by breeds in different coops and then pairs will be separated into breeding pens in my incoming breeders camper based on what colors I want to mix together! That's my plan anyways!

Well, it looks like my chicks incubated a we bit fast since I woke up to find one that just hatched and a bunch more pipped.

Here is my very un-coordinated still wet early bird. This one is an Easter Egger mutt based on the green shell that she (thinking positively here) departed from.

Jennifer

Well, it looks like my chicks incubated a we bit fast since I woke up to find one that just hatched and a bunch more pipped.

Here is my very un-coordinated still wet early bird. This one is an Easter Egger mutt based on the green shell that she (thinking positively here) departed from.

Jennifer

Congrats!!!! I love seeing the little ones transform from dinosaur to fluffy butt!!!

Yay!! Congrats to your first of many
fl.gif
"GIRLS"! I can't wait for mine to hatch!

Jennifer

My hatch is finally complete and I had 5 out of 6 hatch the last one hatched with help this morning. When I went to let everyone out this morning Rose was very nervous and I soon realized why she had moved the 4 chicks that had hatched monday behind the nest box. I figured one must have gotten out of the box and got "lost" and she just moved everyone to his location but in turn she had to leave the unhatched eggs in the nest box and when I touched them they were both cool to the touch but to my surprise on started peeping very loudly which was making Rose very frantic so I got everyone back on the nest but she was so freaked out she was having none of it. So I took the eggs in the house and put them under a heat lamp and with a little help Baby hatched so he stayed under he heat lamp until he dried off and I tried to returned him to mom she was still a bit freaked out so he just hung out in the house until he dried off and then went back to mom. The other egg didn't make it it stop growing prob at day 12-14 the yolk was already turning green. Now everyone is happy and under mom staying warm which is why I haven't been able to get a pic yet all I can get is the peek a boo shots.

Well- my 3 have somehow turned into at least 7, possibly 8, making this hatch more successful than I would ever have believed from eggs shipped in December!

Quite a surprise, considering I'd ever seen 3 when I last looked!

ETA--> Make that at least 9. There's a second tan one and a pale grey one with a black stripe. With my luck, that one will turn out to be a roo!
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom