Middle egg pip

Athiena14

Crowing
6 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
What happened here? I had 2 chicks do this. One is still going but the other hatched out fine.

Attachments

• 20180717_180639.jpg
    20180717_180639.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180717_180357.jpg
    20180717_180357.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 13
It happens. If you use a turner with them stood narrow side down it's more rare. I wonder also if your humidity was low and so the air cell extended that far down.

I had one hatch out of the narrow end and had to assist. It looks like that one is going okay but if you need to assist just pop open the end and let it push out on its own.

My humidity was the same minus the last bit. I did have one day the humidity got a little low. Theres 2 that haven't piped yet though. I used side Turner, where the eggs are on the side and rolled over.

A bunch of mine did this in my hovabator with the new turning rack, they all hatched but 3 but not because of a middle pip. They were deformed or otherwise unhealthy like belly on the outside.

Middle pips sometimes need help, most often do not in my personal experience.

A bunch of mine did this in my hovabator with the new turning rack, they all hatched but 3 but not because of a middle pip. They were deformed or otherwise unhealthy like belly on the outside.

Middle pips sometimes need help, most often do not in my personal experience.

2 hatched fine and all look great so far. I have 1 more middle pip that is still working it's way. This is my best hatch yet. 24 eggs. 3 infertile, 2 cracked. 1 died in egg. 12 hatched so far

Same what they said above!! sounds good I hope it continues!!!

Congrats!!

The only reason though that I can think to tell you for the middle shell pips is it only happened in my Hovabator with that new Incuturn system which I think vibrated my eggs a bit much then they sent a new motor. So MAYBE it has something to do with that.

I remember getting home late that night looking inside and going OMG WHY WHY are they all pipping like this!!!! OMG!! What if they DIE! But it was nothing they were fine lol I was busy working on my computer that night and about an hour or two later ALL this peeping broke out I thought it was the babies I already had in the brooder LOL then I thought wait a sec that’s inside the bator! And hey basically all nearly hatched at the SAME time LOL! It was super cute and fun there was almost 40.

Back
Top Bottom