Middle TN meet up?

What day works best for a Middle TN meet up?

• Monday, December 27th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday, December 28th

• Wednesday, December 29th

• Thursday, December 30th

• Friday, December 31st NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

• Some time after the first of the year

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Alright! I am marking my calendar.

And since I used to live in Murfreesboro I can provide info on restaurants.
At the Avenue, right off I-24...

Mimi's is Bistro style, good food, wide selection, reasonably priced (maybe $6 - 12 range?), wine. Not usually long wait. Some large tables that would accommodate a group.
Macaroni Grill - more expensive, lots of specialty items, wine, drinks. Sometimes 30 - 40 min wait.
Fulin Asian - moderated price, ave selection, drinks, large tables
Longhorn Steakhouse - never been in one (I don't eat unorganic meat)
Chili's - Tex/Mex is how I think hubby referred to it. Much the same as Mimi's except for menu items
Newk's Cafe Express - looked in once. I think it was cafe style soup/sandwich/coffee, ....just looked up a review for it and it sounded really good. Pricey type sandwiches maybe.

Up the road another half mile is Pei We - Chinese fast food with nice seating
Carraba's - expensive Italian, wine, drinks, great soups, long waits sometimes
Red Robins - burgers (which I don't eat, but I can always get a salad)

Any further off that exit and we hit major traffic.

Going 1 mile the other direction there's :
O'Charleys
Las Palmas - mexican, good food, good selection, med price, never a wait, beer, drinks, no large tables

Or 1 mile off the Veterans Parkway exit (I think that's what they're calling it now - I used to live right across the road from where they put the 840 exit)
is Garcia's Mexican - better than ave Mex

Now keep in mind that I don't go to restaurants on Sat normally so things could be some different.

Cracker Barrel at both exit 78 and 81 on I-24.
There's also a Thai place near the exit 81 but I wasn't impressed with the food at all

Other good eats around town but further off interstate. Nice thing about The Avenue places is that it is so accessible from either 24 or 840!

We always move away just as a place starts to get good restaurants so I'm game for anyone you all want to hit!!!

My calander is also marked now.
tongue.png

Murfreesboro has some pretty good places to eat. Stayed there a couple days for road to the horse the same weekend that Nashville flooded.

15th sounds good for me, too. Are we looking at mid-day? Sounds like a couple of folks mentioned getting home for evening feeding.

Any place is fine for me; if it doesn't move I'll eat it.
wink.png

Thanks, CityGirl! Let me know if you need help.

Okay, I'm going to vote for either Mimi's or Las Palmas at 1pm on the 15th. I've heard good things about Mimi's and I eat at Las Palmas all the time. Someone pick from there.

If you are definitely coming will you check back in with a confirmation. I'll want to warn the restaurant.
smile.png

Count me in! I can go with either place. I like the rounded booths at Mimi's for talking with a group so we're not stuck in a line. City Girl, does Las Palmas have anything like that?

They don't have round tables. They would just push a bunch of them together for us. I'm thinking we are looking at maybe 6 people though unless we start beating the bushes for more local folks.
idunno.gif

Oops I can't make it...we have a Girl Scout Cookie Rally that morning..it's cookie time here in TN. Pre sales now if anyone needs cookies let me know!

ANY TIME, ANY PLACE!!!!!! I would love to meet you all!!!! Judy Lee, American Paint Silkies

And I so want the silkie roo...been thinking the rally is around 9 I believe...and lasts about an hour and a half then an hour to get home and back to Lebanon so 1 should work..if she's going to be longer than that I can get my husband to pick her up when it's over..if he's working I can't make it anyway..so I'll try to schedule him off
big_smile.png
I'll tell him it's an early B'Day present to me an afternoon kid free
I have all kinds of chicks here looking for a new home..can always bring one with me..or two or twenty

Back
Top Bottom