MIdnight Majesty Marans- age of lay and egg color?

Where did you get these birds?
Saw a similar label on some chicks at TSC a couple weeks ago.
Sounds like the latest 'designer breed'...or just a catchy name for a subpar SOP Marans.

Marans can be 'tardy' to lay(average onset of lay for most breeds is 18-28 weeks)....time of year is not in your favor, unless you're using supplemental lighting, they may not lay until after the solstice when day length begin to increase again.

I have 4, 1 cockerel and 3 pullets. They are 4 months old right now. From what I have been able to find in my searches I believe they are a sex link cross between a Black Copper Marans Rooster and a Cuckoo Marans Hen. From my experience they are fast growing and large size birds. My cockerel started crowing at 3 1/2 months old and is chasing around the ladies at 4 months old, although he hasn't figured out how to catch one yet! They also get along well with my other breeds in my mixed flock. Here are a few pictures.
MMM Hen 4 Months.jpg
MMM Rooster at 4 months old.jpg
MMM Hen 4 Months2.jpg

I have 4, 1 cockerel and 3 pullets. They are 4 months old right now. From what I have been able to find in my searches I believe they are a sex link cross between a Black Copper Marans Rooster and a Cuckoo Marans Hen. From my experience they are fast growing and large size birds. My cockerel started crowing at 3 1/2 months old and is chasing around the ladies at 4 months old, although he hasn't figured out how to catch one yet! They also get along well with my other breeds in my mixed flock. Here are a few pictures.View attachment 1926979 View attachment 1926980 View attachment 1926981
Hello! How dark are their eggs? Thanks!

Hello! How dark are their eggs? Thanks!
Here is a photo, the darker one is a Midnight Majesty Marans compared to some other eggs in my coop. This is about the average color once in a while I will get one a little bit darker. They are one of the largest eggs I get. My Calico princess will lay eggs about the same size sometimes larger.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 641
I have 4, 1 cockerel and 3 pullets. They are 4 months old right now. From what I have been able to find in my searches I believe they are a sex link cross between a Black Copper Marans Rooster and a Cuckoo Marans Hen. From my experience they are fast growing and large size birds. My cockerel started crowing at 3 1/2 months old and is chasing around the ladies at 4 months old, although he hasn't figured out how to catch one yet! They also get along well with my other breeds in my mixed flock. Here are a few pictures.View attachment 1926979 View attachment 1926980 View attachment 1926981
I’m bummed that I only bought one and it turned out to be a cockerel. He has one feather in one leg. Unfortunately, I can’t keep roosters, so I will have to rehome him. Yours is so pretty. Just curious, what is his crowing frequency and volume? I’m secretly hoping he can fly under the radar and I can keep him. No one ever wants roosters around here.

Back
Top Bottom