Midwinter's Bath - Way too many pictures, don't click here if you don't want to see ducks.

I NEED THAT DUCK. What is she????
She is a Black Runner, isn't it obvious?
gig.gif

Check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/971646/noir-is-somewhat-blanc

And just in time for Valentine's day, I will repost this picture of Noir and Mystique. The pink is Yvonne's shirt, and this is just how the picture came out.

And here she is with Mystique as a 'ling:

TBH, When I first got my runners Black, Blue, Chocolate and Fawn&White, I looked at @Amiga 's runners and thought they must be some exotic penciled types and wanted to find a source for them. Well I found the source: time.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
She is a Black Runner, isn't it obvious?
gig.gif

Check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/971646/noir-is-somewhat-blanc

And just in time for Valentine's day, I will repost this picture of Noir and Mystique. The pink is Yvonne's shirt, and this is just how the picture came out.

And here she is with Mystique as a 'ling:

TBH, When I first got my runners Black, Blue, Chocolate and Fawn&White, I looked at @Amiga 's runners and thought they must be some exotic penciled types and wanted to find a source for them. Well I found the source: time.
big_smile.png

Yes, the snow eventually came to all my Runners. Zehn was probably the last one to change from solid dark color to having some snow. Her lower half is still mostly black, as is Einz's and Sieben's. And Acht. Zwei, a chocolate, is nearly all white, now, and Elf und Fünf have more snow than chocolate. Vier is a 50-50 snow and chocolate mix.

Even our Buff Hazel has snow now. Not Bean, nor Carmella. Nor Romy. Rowena has snowy shoulders, Alba was all white to begin with. Our Khaki Campbell - Rouen mix, Salem, is still shades of brown. She is less than two years old, I guess.

She is a Black Runner, isn't it obvious? :gig Check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/971646/noir-is-somewhat-blanc And just in time for Valentine's day, I will repost this picture of Noir and Mystique. The pink is Yvonne's shirt, and this is just how the picture came out. And here she is with Mystique as a 'ling: TBH, When I first got my runners Black, Blue, Chocolate and Fawn&White, I looked at @Amiga 's runners and thought they must be some exotic penciled types and wanted to find a source for them. Well I found the source: time. :D
.....Now I need runners. Or other black beepers.

Yes, the snow eventually came to all my Runners. Zehn was probably the last one to change from solid dark color to having some snow. Her lower half is still mostly black, as is Einz's and Sieben's. And Acht. Zwei, a chocolate, is nearly all white, now, and Elf und Fünf have more snow than chocolate. Vier is a 50-50 snow and chocolate mix.

Even our Buff Hazel has snow now. Not Bean, nor Carmella. Nor Romy. Rowena has snowy shoulders, Alba was all white to begin with. Our Khaki Campbell - Rouen mix, Salem, is still shades of brown. She is less than two years old, I guess.
I don't know if KCs snow (Mine is still first year) but my Rouens just hit 3-1/2 years old and they don't seem to get any snow feathers. I don't think either has Extended Black in their genetics like Black/Blue/Chocolate do.

Back
Top Bottom