1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MIGHTS AND FLEAS

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ScrapperJohn, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ScrapperJohn

ScrapperJohn New Egg

Oct 11, 2011
    Just moved to Missouri with my family to live on my mother and step fathers land. theyve already broken so many rules with there flock and now they have fleas and mights and havent been laying eggs for about four months. whats my best course of action tomarrow. ive always kept great chickens and know how to do that. but some of these chickens wont even walk around they just stand there

2. ScrapperJohn

ScrapperJohn New Egg

Oct 11, 2011
    no takers, so i guess ill sterilize the coup, dust the heck out of it. dust all 40 birds, give them a dusting area and hope for the best
    .and take over.

3. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Check on here for previous postings, I have read post about using ivermectin drench to put on the chickens back, and dusting the the birds and coop with sevin dust, or poultry powder.

4. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
  5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Gotta repeat every 7 days until bugs gone to get the hatching eggs if using poultry dust.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by