mild sniffle

farmgal2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 8, 2009
western new york
yesterday, I picked up 2 pure IB chicks. They are very large for being hatched in june. Huge compared to these other babies I picked up, born around the same time. I have them in quarantine now. I made them some terrimycin water as I noticed a slight sniffle on one of them. They were in a cold breezy spot when I picked them up. But they lived in a small cage in lots of poop. Otherwise they are fat and healthy looking.

Is this something I should really worry about considering they are healthy otherwise?

I didnt notice it unless I sit with them for a long time. then one will do a dainty sniffle. Very unnoticable.
Its funny how you dont notice things like that when you just feed them and dont hang out. I love to watch them.

Another question is do males grow slower than females?

I think the other chicks are males and they are about 1/3 the size of these girls yet they were born around the same time. I bought them from different people. I'll try to figure out how to post pics, if I ever get my beets and zucchini canned. I cant be a BYC addict without getting some work done.

Back
Top Bottom