Mild stink in hatcher and other problems--New to incubating Help!

Freyda

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Hi Everyone, I've been searching posts for some answers but I still have a few questions.

I'm using a little giant incubator--still air, no egg turner.

1. I put 15 eggs into the bator last wed night (Oct 15), the temp accidently went up to 105 over night. The next morning I stabalized it and it has been at 102 since. Did I cook these eggs or will they still survive?

2. There is a mild stank coming from the bator. Is this normal? Is it too early for that egg seeping problem?

3. When should I candle first and what should I expect to see.

Thanks-you so much in advance for any help you can offer!!!

Chantal

uh o...stinky=bad. Pick up each egg carefully and smell! From what I read in posts in BYC, stinky = explosion! Might want to use a plastic bag or something @_@

also I'd candle for cracks n stuff =x

I would also like to know about the temp thing
smile.png
mine went to 103 last night...hope it doesn't do damage

Good luck
big_smile.png

Be VERY careful. Stink = rotten egg. Super carefully you can sniff each egg. You will know the egg that stinks. Handle with care! Exploding stinky egg is no fun. Ease it into a trashbag and tie up.

Ok, thanks. But are they too new to be exploding eggs? They have only been in the bator for two days?

where did you get the eggs? if you got them from someone they gave you some bad ones! a fresh egg can not get stinky after a few days. I think they will be ok with the 105 temp for a short while.

Update: Three out of ten eggs have hatched and many more are pipping! Beginners luck!!!! I did not cook them after all!

Back
Top Bottom