Mille Fleur d'uccle

Valley chick

Chirping
Jun 17, 2020
Northern California
Hi looking for advice on Mille Fleur d'uccle, I have fallen in love with them. A friend has some and they have done well, I live in Northern California summer is Hot 110 on some days so no one does that great, winter isn't to bad. I currently have silkies,polish,serama,frizzled cochin, salmon favorelle,Orpington, speckled sussex all have handled summer I do have runs that are covered to keep mud free in winter,
Summer lots of shade, misters, fruit ice cubes, coops on the east side to avoid afternoon Sun, in fact they only get Sun direct from 2-5, still always shade.
I have ordered a pair of Millie fleur d'uccle's I'm so excited, but I have read some say they don't do well in hot weather , so I'm concerned. I really want them, but want to provide the best. Advice greatly appreciated.
Also considering a bantam mottled cochin?
Same concerns of heat?
Thank you , Happy Holidays

Hi looking for advice on Mille Fleur d'uccle, I have fallen in love with them. A friend has some and they have done well, I live in Northern California summer is Hot 110 on some days so no one does that great, winter isn't to bad. I currently have silkies,polish,serama,frizzled cochin, salmon favorelle,Orpington, speckled sussex all have handled summer I do have runs that are covered to keep mud free in winter,
Summer lots of shade, misters, fruit ice cubes, coops on the east side to avoid afternoon Sun, in fact they only get Sun direct from 2-5, still always shade.
I have ordered a pair of Millie fleur d'uccle's I'm so excited, but I have read some say they don't do well in hot weather , so I'm concerned. I really want them, but want to provide the best. Advice greatly appreciated.
Same concerns of heat?
Hi, I live in Florida so it gets really hot, and I have 2 d'uccle and 1 Cochin. Heat hasn't affected mine at all, I think you will be fine as long as they have lots of shade, fresh water and dirt to roll in. 🙂 Good luck with them!

Same concerns of heat?
I think with your setup, they will be fine.. plus norcal is not the desert of arizona.. so its not 110 from sun up to sun down.. just afternoon hours. Same consideration for the cochin.. so both would be ok. 🐥🐥🌞

Same concerns of heat?
I have 3 Mille Fleurs in South Louisiana. You will need to provide lots and lots of cooling for them; I have to around 85 degrees. Cannot imagine having them in 110 degree weather. I have to bring them in at 98 or else they’ll get heatstroke.

I have 3 Mille Fleurs in South Louisiana. You will need to provide lots and lots of cooling for them; I have to around 85 degrees. Cannot imagine having them in 110 degree weather. I have to bring them in at 98 or else they’ll get heatstroke.
California is way way drier air than Louisiana.. it makes a big difference. 85 in California is picnic weather. 🏞🌞🥪

Back
Top Bottom