Mille Fleur d’Uccle color varieties

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
I recently have started breeding d’uccles and I have a few colors to start with. I’m wondering about what color options I can get with the following birds.

1 silver Mille fleur rooster
1 silver Mille fleur hen
2 Mille fleur hens
1 blue silver Mille fleur pullet (4mo)

Blue silver Mille fleur chicks (I think at least one is a rooster)
Silver Mille fleur chicks (unrelated to above pair)
Silver porcelain chick (I think pullet)
Mille fleur chick

The possibilities are so confusing. I have limited space so I really don’t want to make breeding pen choices that will wind up with more varieties than I can handle.

Silver mille fluer male and silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male and mille fluer female: Silver mille fluer pullets and “golden” (which is basically silver with yellow leakage) mille fluer cockerels.
Silver mille fluer male and blue silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer and blue silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male silver porcelain female: silver mille fluer.
Mille fluer male (if the chick is male) and silver mille fluer female:
Sexlinks; mille fluer pullets, “golden” mille fluer cockerels.
Mille fluer male and mille fluer female: mille fluer

Silver mille fluer male and silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male and mille fluer female: Silver mille fluer pullets and “golden” (which is basically silver with yellow leakage) mille fluer cockerels.
Silver mille fluer male and blue silver mille fluer female: silver mille fluer and blue silver mille fluer.
Silver mille fluer male silver porcelain female: silver mille fluer.
Mille fluer male (if the chick is male) and silver mille fluer female:
Sexlinks; mille fluer pullets, “golden” mille fluer cockerels.
Mille fluer male and mille fluer female: mille fluer
Thanks this is what I was talking about. I have all the adult hens in a pen with the smf roo and hatched out a ton of chicks. Most seem to be feathering in with very little or no leakage so it’ll be interesting to see if the ones with leakage are in fact the roosters.

I think one of the chicks (blue smf) is a cockerel.
You need to think about how many birds you can accommodate with the space you have.
I have plenty of space. 8 breeding pens with attached runs that are empty plus 3 other coops with attached runs that have birds in them.

Can we not just all assume that the question asked is the one that needs answering? I feel like this happens all the time on here now. Almost not worth asking questions anymore.

Thanks this is what I was talking about. I have all the adult hens in a pen with the smf roo and hatched out a ton of chicks. Most seem to be feathering in with very little or no leakage so it’ll be interesting to see if the ones with leakage are in fact the roosters.

I think one of the chicks (blue smf) is a cockerel.

I have plenty of space. 8 breeding pens with attached runs that are empty plus 3 other coops with attached runs that have birds in them.

Can we not just all assume that the question asked is the one that needs answering? I feel like this happens all the time on here now. Almost not worth asking questions anymore.
Just making sure your up to the task.

Just making sure your up to the task.
I totally get that and had I been asking about how to put it into practice or had asked in the topic thread “flock management” your response would have been appropriate. But not only did you not answer the question, you posted advice that wasn’t relevant.

I apologize for “snapping” at you (not sure that really applies in a forum) but I’ve recently posted here and elsewhere (eg BYC group on Facebook) in great detail only to have unrelated topics brought up seemingly under the assumption that I’m an idiot. I know this is a quasi-anonymous forum and nobody knows me personally. I don’t pretend to be an expert but I try to take care to provide enough info in my initial posts so that anyone that may answer my question has the relevant information related to the initial topic. In this case it’s genetics which has nothing to do with my setup. I feel it’s fair to assume however that most people asking about breeding groups and genetics are Trying to gather information unless otherwise stated.

On another note, from the pen with the silver MF rooster and hen and 2 MF hens, I hatched out two chicks with odd coloring. I contacted the breeder I got the original pair from and she said she hadn’t hatched out anything like them ever. They’re feathering in a lot darker than the rest of the bunch (see group pic). Wondering if anyone has any insight…

@nicalandia

4159DEDB-2123-4A5F-905C-39D9428E39C8.jpeg

2B130DCD-3C50-48A2-9F41-8E222F21E0FE.jpeg

0F20C1EC-0B8C-4B10-A819-8EDD23DC81CE.jpeg

9CA6079F-FC05-4E03-B592-FA97A4866727.jpeg

On another note, from the pen with the silver MF rooster and hen and 2 MF hens, I hatched out two chicks with odd coloring. I contacted the breeder I got the original pair from and she said she hadn’t hatched out anything like them ever. They’re feathering in a lot darker than the rest of the bunch (see group pic). Wondering if anyone has any insight…

@nicalandia

View attachment 3162206
View attachment 3162207
View attachment 3162208

View attachment 3162209
I don’t know what that color is either, but it’s really pretty!! I wish you lived closer, I’d buy some in a heartbeat 😍 love the silver MFs! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom