mille fleur silkies

Thanks. I'm going to work on that this fall. Sonoran can I be put on a waiting list for mottleds? (If you sell any) I want first dibs when some go bye bye haha

I think then I will invest in hattrick buffs to get some very nice MFs

Quote:
Nah I would start with mottled silkies, some people have them, and cross in some buff and partridge once I get a real MF then I can have REAL porcelain...

There are not that many mottled silkies out there; I have two adults, and am hoping for lots of babies, but it has definitely been a difficult project. I definitely would not use partridge--buff would be a better choice. Porcelain silkies bred to mottle would be a good choice, too.

yeah, i thought about it after playing around with the calculator...

also, if you mix a "porcelain" silkie to a mottled, you'll get isabel colored spangles... you won't get the gold color on the chest or tail like real porcelain chickens...

Quote:
There are not that many mottled silkies out there; I have two adults, and am hoping for lots of babies, but it has definitely been a difficult project. I definitely would not use partridge--buff would be a better choice. Porcelain silkies bred to mottle would be a good choice, too.

also, if you mix a "porcelain" silkie to a mottled, you'll get isabel colored spangles... you won't get the gold color on the chest or tail like real porcelain chickens...

Why not? Some of the porcelains are pretty close to real porcelain, except for the lack of mottling.

Quote:

Why not? Some of the porcelains are pretty close to real porcelain, except for the lack of mottling.

well, the "porcelains" i've seen here and there are isabels that have like birchen, or some sort of duckwing... the gold is on the wings and hackles... unless there are some that i haven't seen that are all gold... that's how they would look if they were missing the mottled...

edit: or wait... if it's missing the mottled gene, it should just be a buff columbian... right...?

Last edited:
Quote:
i hate the new one... LOL... sorry, but the older one is so easier for me...

No, you are using an old version of the old one
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom