mille fleur silkies

Quote:
No. What you do with the polish does not make sense. You bring in extra stuff you have to get rid off again.
single comb * pure walnut = het walnut
p+/p+ r+/r+ * P/P R/R = P/p+ R/r+

All dominant genes. Use it to your advantage.

Quote:
No. What you do with the polish does not make sense. You bring in extra stuff you have to get rid off again.
single comb * pure walnut = het walnut
p+/p+ r+/r+ * P/P R/R = P/p+ R/r+

All dominant genes. Use it to your advantage.

I hadn't actually broke out the book for comb genetics yet lol but thanks for saying that... I figured, it won't be that hard... Just some selective breeding (there's breeders with het walnut combs now)

Quote:
then why doesn't he just call them isabells...??? that's kind of fail...

i have been making silver porcelains by accident... i feel bad calling them porcelains since they aren't red dilutes or buff whatevers... but i can't call them silver mottled columbian lavenders... but they're closer to porcelains than isabells...

Isabel should be lavender diluted buff; any lavender showing would be the same as a smutty buff. George's birds have roughly equal portions of lavender and buff, and if you read the standard for porcelain, the lavender predominates in places where it SHOULD on a porcelain. While my avatar is a porcelain from George, she was indeed mostly isabel; however, most of his porcelains had much more lavender. If you look at his website (silkiesbygeorge.com) you will see a couple of his porcelains.

Call them silver porcelains if that is what they are genetically. http://www.edelras.nl/belgians/silver.htm bottom set of photos.

Quote:
Well, he had completely sold out--if he has birds now, he's re-acquired them since I last spoke with him a couple of months ago. I would truly be happy if he is back into breeding.

Quote:
Well, he had completely sold out--if he has birds now, he's re-acquired them since I last spoke with him a couple of months ago. I would truly be happy if he is back into breeding.

I think if he does have them he isn't breeding persay, but he is just not letting go of his hobby... Probably just has them as his "fun" way to keep going

So fascinated to find this thread. There's no way that I could be part of any breeding program, but we recently let a broody Cochin hatch a couple of eggs from our little buff silkie who was housed (very briefly) in a pen with a porcelain d'uccle roo. It appears the d'uccle roo successfully fathered one of the buff silkie's chicks and it's turning into the prettiest little thing. She looks a little bit like a Mille Fleur minus the white spotting. Her legs and feet give her a bit of a 'buckskin' horse look as they are black feathered, at this point, and look so cool next to her buff feathers. I know, I know - I have to get a picture.

Anyway, I started to wonder if there was such a thing as a Mille Fleur silkie and what they might look like and I guess, maybe in a few years, I might know. We won't be attempting to create one here, but I'll be watching to see if someone else out there is successful.

Back
Top Bottom