Millworm Tank Feed Back from You PRO's Doing It!!

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
Well....... I would want to critique my Mill-worm Tank Feed Back from You PRO's and I would really appreciate straight from the hip real honest feedback of what I am doing right (good) or wrong (bad) to get this off the ground. I am going to show you a picture size of the tank that I have edited from MS Paint to show you what I did and commented on.

So you know:
I order 2000 medium sized MW on order
I have 100 giant
500 small size (I dont know why I ordered them)
I put 2 cups of ground oyster shells in and mixed it up with the Wheat Bran.
250 watt red heat lamp
2 aquatic aquarium light bulbs black light
Fish tank hood to seal it

Everything is based on what I read and notes I have taken from each thread and comments made. I am looking for further help. Honest feedback Thanks for any comments and feedback in advance you guys and gals.

I can't believe not one single professional at this has not made a comment? I am totally shocked I came back after a day of chores and I expected to see a few post but not "ONE"!!!!! Holly smokes. OK how about a couple post from some guy/gals that have been doing this a bit or a few people that know a little bit but a comment , PLEASE

Looks good! You do not need to have the extra heat but it will make them grow faster. I started out putting the veggies on sheets of news paper but the worms would eat through the bottom of it and then it would be in the bedding. Now I just toss a few slices of apples or potatoes or carrots in each bin twice a week. I have a few trays with beetles laying eggs in my incubator for to use to start more drawers with the little worms! What are your goals for your colony? Are you wanting to mainly feed them to your flock, fish, or reptiles? They have been really easy to raise so far and they grow pretty fast! Most of my Colony is beetles and they are starting to lay eggs and I am seeing very tiny worms.

Nate

I have a Red Wiggler 5 tray tower and I also have 5 tray tower of African Night Crawlerst so I thought I got a fish tank for $15. and said what the hay!! I am down to 10 girls and with how simple this is and no cost other than start up you can't beat the deal. The girls sure have not problems eating them. They like them as much as chasing crickets. WOW talk about fast. I got 2000 medium and start with 100 giants as described above hoping to see if I can grow a larger size harvest

Back
Top Bottom