Mini Dome Incubator?

Noithing but pure JUNK same your money.....had one threw it the trash the first week........Don't think anyone could hatch a egg in that ,even watching it 24/7.

Lot better small incubators on market.

Quote:
Yes. They do work well, however, I have yet to hatch any chicks from it, more my own fault than that of the bator.

They are not very stable and are knocked over easily. I had two EE eggs in mine and knocked it over last night with my clothing brushing the edge of it. Both eggs tumbled out and cracked open on the floor, killing the two chicks that were forming inside. Please make sure it is on a table where NOTHING can brush by it or disturb it.

I have tried to use it a couple of times and have done well with it, but both times I've knocked it over and killed the chicks inside by just barely touching it when walking by it. It is VERY lightweight and should be in a place where it will not be disturbed or touched or ANYTHING.

i am not wanting to be a bummer, but those dome incubators are pieces of plastic trash, with a two dollar light fixture in it, it is CRAP sorry, but just make one, i spent twenty on mine, it was really simple, i just found plenty of instructions on "BackYardChickens" website it fluctuates none at all it is way better than my forty-five dollar little giant incubator, and it has a semi-automatic egg turner, you have to turn the eggs from the outside, it was a fun build, and inexpensive

i had one and it worked fine i guess. the eggs were shipped and one was unfertile, the other was an early quitter and the other was fully formed but i let the water go dry (i forgot).

i think my problem was that they were shipped from fl to wv...really hot to reallllyyyy cold and the mail lady wasnt gently with them. and of course letting it go dry, if you are quick about opening it you have no problems. even if only one hatches its not hard to find a feed store friend or if you cant find those dollar general sells fether dusters.

i think any bator will work if you are willing to put the time into it.

Yes. They do work well, however, I have yet to hatch any chicks from it, more my own fault than that of the bator.

They are not very stable and are knocked over easily. I had two EE eggs in mine and knocked it over last night with my clothing brushing the edge of it. Both eggs tumbled out and cracked open on the floor, killing the two chicks that were forming inside. Please make sure it is on a table where NOTHING can brush by it or disturb it.

I have tried to use it a couple of times and have done well with it, but both times I've knocked it over and killed the chicks inside by just barely touching it when walking by it. It is VERY lightweight and should be in a place where it will not be disturbed or touched or ANYTHING.

my solution...duct tape! i taped that sucker to my desk!!! it never moved and i never worried about it moving.​

Last edited:
i had one but threw it away almost a week ago i had three eggs in it one hatched the others did not and the l,ittle chick that did hatch died in the middle of the night do not use this dome incubator

I just got a brinsea mini eco this week and am very pleased--its alot cheaper than the advance $65 (andthen I got 10% off for signing up for their newsletter on facebook--not sure if still doing this). it doesn't seem hard to use at all...the temp is preset, and the humidity seems pretty straightforward (keep a well filled till lockdown, then 2 wells filled). the only big difference i can see between this and the advance is the egg turning--which, if you are home enough to do it 3xs a day, shouldn't be a big deal for less than 10 eggs. your kids might actually get a kick out it. personally, i have already told all my littles ones they can look, but not touch... Last year, my 3 year old cracked some eggs on day 13 because she "wanted the chicks to come out"
hit.gif

Last edited:
Building a sophisticated, yet simple incubator is just a one night project from scraps at home. Thats the way to go for obtaining a cheap incubator that has decent to successful hatches.

Even those that said it worked never hatch any......JUNK JUNK JUNK.....All it is a bowl with a light bulb...not even worth the shipping cost..oh did i say it was JUNK

i do not know how these people say they hatch eggs from this piece of crap, it is "just a bowl with a light bulb" it seems like it wouldn't do anything, but, i bet someone can make a semi-homemade incubator, by attaching the light bulb to a water heater thermostat, and find a computer tower that has the big fan and the little tiny fan, then attach the little tiny fan to a cell phone charger, and put it in the incubator, i dont know how this would work, but if that was all it took to make the piece of junk work, than more people need to do that, rather than throwing the 20.00 dollars they spent on it in the trash, once they get it to their house and realize it is a bowl with a light bulb

Back
Top Bottom