Mini Dome Incubator?

i kind of want to buy one just to make it better by improvising with a thermostat, then use it to hatch eggs and watch as people are left with their mouth wide open when the eggs hatch, but that would be an expensive home-made incubator build, for it to only hold three eggs
pop.gif
just waiting for someone to reply

Yoie, I had one of the dome incubators for my boys. We purchased it from thier boy scout magazine and it came with six quail eggs. We turned the eggs wrong so nothing hatched and then we gave up. Later, when we got involved in chickens I built my own from a cooler which works very well and it wasn't that expensive to build. You can see how I built it on my BYC page if your interested.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO w/turner, and I absolutely love it. Not too big, not too small, temps and humidity stay stable. Don't have a single complaint about it. Have 19 eggs going into lockdown in it tomorrow morning, second hatch of the year. Love it.

Quote:
OK I'll bite..I know you are just jerking on our chain..

Go ahead and spend the $20 plus shipping, another $20 for a thermostat, then figure out how you are going to hook up all that junk and figure out how to get the humidity right..

you have more money to throw away than I do.. let me know how it turns out.. I do not doubt that it can be made to work..
but to buy one and use it as-is ?????? You can make one out of a shoe box or an electric frying pan also..

Quote:
I have the Brinsea Mini Advance and it is a great incubator. If you are just starting out, I recommend getting it. The Eco 20 is a good unit, but, again, very basic and you'll have to monitor and control temp and humidity. Go with the Mini Advance. If you can afford to spend more, get the Mini Advance EX.

Quote:
OK I'll bite..I know you are just jerking on our chain..

Go ahead and spend the $20 plus shipping, another $20 for a thermostat, then figure out how you are going to hook up all that junk and figure out how to get the humidity right..

you have more money to throw away than I do.. let me know how it turns out.. I do not doubt that it can be made to work..
but to buy one and use it as-is ?????? You can make one out of a shoe box or an electric frying pan also..

of course, but like i said, just being able to watch as people pour in with their comment as to how the miracle worked, would be enough to make me wanna do it, i dont have the money to do it, nor would it be even understandable to spend that much to make a three egg incubator, but it would be about 20.00 for an incubator, 8.00 for a thermostat, common ingenuity, with a little help from byc members lol and a little fan to put in it, would end up being 30.00 dollars so it wouldn't be too much, but for the price i could make something way bigger, and it would be insulated, but i do think i could hatch eggs with a little coddling and tweeking, and end up watching as the comments pour in

Back
Top Bottom