Mini duck pond ideas

Quote:
Roasting pan... Hmmm... Cheap tag sale items... Now we're talkin.
smile.png

Quote:
Roasting pan... Hmmm... Cheap tag sale items... Now we're talkin.
smile.png

Go look in the kitchen - I bet you HAVE one already!!!

Also as a hurry up and get a pond idea - I found a very old rain jacket - dug a hole, put that in and filled it. I did it with a shower curtain as well - that only lasted about a month or so before the curtain started to rip.

They have a rubber flexible liner that you can buy and use for ponds at Lowes/or The Depot....(outside garden area..on a roll usually)
You can dig any size hole and put this into it--of course add rocks in the bottom that reach to a side and things to help them get out--when needed--but these liners are tough and last for many many years.....

When needed you can drain and refill...or go ahead and start your own garden pond--these are almost as addictive as chickens and ducks(LOL!)

You can also find the pre-formed (hard) shells-lay upside down and spray paint around the outline-dig your hole and fix the way you want..just make sure-that you have a way for them to get out...
Sometimes you can find these cheap on CraigsList , etc--

Last edited:
The claws on the ducks will cut through that roll liner.

There were several people here that tried it and it was cut in several places by the duck claws.

Quote:
Now there's an idea. I'll find an old tub and drop it in the front yard for the
ducks. While I'm at it I'l park 7 old cars there too and maybe an old washing
machine.
tongue.png

You know you're a redneck when...

That could be a good idea for a creative person and easy to clean ( just pull the plug). You could plant flowers around it and decorate it! I saw a toilet in a art museum exhibit so anythings possible

Quote:
Thank God I don't live near a hatchery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about one of those large rubbery feeding bowls like you use to feed horses? That's what TSC had in their brooder and the ducklings loved it!

I start out with a plastic saucer that the kids use to sled on in the snow. Then they get to use a kittie litter pan and rubber feed tubs with no more then 3 to 4 inch high of rubber sides. As they grow you can up them to a Kiddie pool from Pet Smart about a yard across tops 6 inches high. If you start with a Kiddie pool make sure to have a brick in it so they can get out of the pool. The idea is always be low enough for them to get out.

ML

I was going to use one of those turtle sanboxes from walmart. They have sloped sides and are not that deep and don't make you look like a redneck.
wink.png
But now I have 5 calls and am thinking abit bigger. I'm now using a kiddie pool but want one larger then I will cut a hole in the bottom and install a kitchen sink drain and run the pipe in the ground away from the pen area. The draind will allow me to drain it so I cand hose it out with out tipping it over. Now if I could find a good tub.
hmm.png

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom