Mini Pot Belly Pig Owners Need Help :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by luvmychickas, Sep 28, 2010.

1. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Ok, I have a 5 month old male neutered PBP. His name is Piggles and we LOVE him to pieces. He is cuddley, cute and spoiled [​IMG] Right now he is outside most of the day destroying our yard lol. He sleeps in his crate in the house at night. My husband promises he is going to build him a pen to contain him, but nothing yet. The chickens love him rooting and follow him everywhere. Anyways, here is my question. He is mostly housetrained but when its raining out I have a harder time getting him out. Not that I want him to live outside 100% but I really think he needs to. How do we handle getting him outside all the time? Is it too late because I spoiled him and he sleeps on the couch with me cuddled in a blanket? He has never pooped in the house but will pee if we don't get to him soon enough especially when its crappy out. I can't have him ruining my floor especially when winter comes. I just don't know what to do and if its too late for me to change his routine. Just need some advice to help me decide whats best. Right now he is at the door waiting to come in [​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Pigs are very smart. put him outside and shut the door....... hehe. No actually if you want to do the gradual thing, move his crate closer and closer to the door each night. Then move it outside the door. Then move it where you want him to sleep.

3. luvmychickas

luvmychickas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Massachusetts
    He is a smart boy. It only took 2 times to teach him to sit. He will do ANYTHING for food [​IMG] Maybe its not him then, its me. I'm going to miss my night cuddles with him [​IMG] I also worry about him being alone outside, I mean he's not really alone, he has his chicken and duck groupies that follow him everywhere [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by