Mini Quiches For Breakfast!

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
I have made these many times. They're great, bite-sized little yummies of goodness. For this recipe, I use a mini muffin tin that has 24 muffin cavities. Once these are made, I sometimes use my vacuum sealer and freeze them, and they make great quick-thaw-eat breakfast bites in the mornings when I'm in a hurry (and MUCH more protein and nutrients than a toaster pastry or peanut butter & jelly on toast--a favorite quickie breakfast around here too LOL).

If you don't have a food scale... get one. They're cheap on e-bay, cost less than $20 for a GOOD digital one, and we use ours to weigh our hens' eggs every day, as well! It helps us stay in portion control.

5 Large Eggs
1/4 cup whole milk or 1/3 cup half-and-half (don't use nonfat milk)
4 ounces Hillshire Farms Honeybaked Ham lunchmeat, chopped into small pieces, browned & carmelized in a pan
1/3 cup chopped green or red onion (or mixture of both)
4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
Dash of cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350.

Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat thoroughly until thick and yellow and smooth in consistency (I use a wire whip for about a minute or so). Add in cream/milk, onion, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.

Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Break up cooked ham bits evenly into each of the muffin cups. Divide up shredded swiss cheese evenly to muffin cups. Fill muffin cups to 3/4 or so full with egg mixture, allowing egg mixture to seep down beneath ham & cheese and cover it. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or so until browned on top. Remove from oven, let sit for about 10 minutes, pop out with a fork and enjoy!

1 serving = 2 mini quiche bites
Calories Per Serving - 92
Calories From Fat - 53
Fat Grams - 5.9 g
Sodium - 185 mg
Carbohydrates - 2.4 g
Protein - 7.4 g

Yum yum enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom