Miniature Chickens??

hide.gif
I just don't understand how you guys call that a chicken.

Illa you're breaking my heart!

Everyone who sees her falls in love with her and wants to hold her. She's fast though. She hangs with the big birds. Maranas, Games, Wellies, AMs and more. Her buddy is a bantam AM. I'm thinking they were actually hatch mates. I was ordering so many eggs back then. Spent a couple of k since my husband died on hatching eggs, mainly so I wouldn't loose my mind. Didn't help. LOL

I don't remember any bald spots ever. I actually thought she was a mix at first and then had to look up japs. I thought that none I had ordered had hatched and just contatced the breeder last week.

I think she's cute. Fits in my hand and my 24 yr old daughter who is NOT into chickens just loves her.

She's so tiny though and she free ranges with the big birds and I worry about her and her size sometimes.

No don't get me wrong I think she's adorable, my whole family loves Seramas, I just think a chicken that tiny isn't really a chicken anymore.
lol.png

Quote:
She is tiny. I once agreed, but I just love her. Now I'm probably going to get more. I was going to try them just before my husband died and I waited a little while. I had a couple of these eggs as extras in an order and it was the only one that hatched.

Actually I guess she isn't a chicken anymore. More like a novelty pet. LOL

Quote:
Oh thank you.

Now she can have a family album. LOL

I guess maybe I should build her her own digs and guard her more than I already do. She thinks she's a FBCM.

She's become everyone's favorite around here, because she's so tiny, low to the ground and her walk! OMG she's just adorable.

So hmmmmm getting kind of nervous about her being out there......I might have to show her or something. We knew she'd be famous! LOL

Quote:
Sorry about your hubby
sad.png
hugs.gif

Thank you

Been hard without him these last 15 months. I lost him and both of my parents within a 53 day timeframe. I'd do anything to have him back. He tried to not be into my chickens, but he bought the food and built pens and was just going to start on the nice coops the week he died. It was a total shock. Still is. He used to help me hatch and I haven't had hatches like that since he died and zi was the one that taught him. Go figure. Always had to one up me. LOL

Quote:
Forgot!

When money gets a little better here, I'm gonna need more eggs! Then she'll have some company her own size.

Back
Top Bottom