Minimum height of a quail enclosure?

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
I have quail, but with how high they can fly, I am finding that the basic quail cage is not tall enough. What is the best height for a quail? One where they won't injure their heads when they happen to get frightened??

I have quail, but with how high they can fly, I am finding that the basic quail cage is not tall enough. What is the best height for a quail? One where they won't injure their heads when they happen to get frightened??

Yeah ideally you either want it too short for them to injure themselves or tall enough that they can't possibly hit the ceiling.

No
Clip their wings. How tall is your cage?
Not sure exactly. The cage we had them in is about two inches above their head. The hospital cage we had to keep them in is only a bit taller. (Thats another story). The ones in question were three females that were mostly healed already.... Now they injured themselves in a different way. Thinking now I should probably put padding on the top of it somehow....

Both sound short enough they shouldn't head bonk. Under about 16" is fine.
They were.... There's blood on the top of one as clear proof of that. I heard them to as well as saw. :'( any ideas??

I guess you'll have to install some foam padding. What's causing them to flush so much? Either you have very flighty birds or some determined predators.

Back
Top Bottom