Minnesota!

Ralphie-I will talk to DH tonight and see if I can convince him it is his idea to get some guineas. He was, in fact, wanting guineas since we have moved here. I will see what I can do. If you are talking prices what might be your going rate?

I have no ideal, trust me it will not be much. I almost shot the lot of them tonight. Some are not even big enough to eat!

I have never eaten Guineas, but it will happen soon if they do not find a new home. They almost killed one of my Cx's.

Don't Do It Loretta!!!

Lol.

Ralphie why don't you take them up to Togo and offer them to Sasquatch? That big feller will eat anything.

Thanks ejb for the good Sasquatch fodder btw...!

Encourage her! Don't try to talk her out of it.

Guineas are sweet little birds!

I have just decided I prefer the wood ticks to the guineas myself. I have not had many wood ticks here since I got them. I miss woodticks. Guineas can make you appreciate woodticks more.

Sasquatch does not like guineas.

i would take the guineas Ralphie but i dont have enough wood ticks to keep them happy. im afraid they would get depressed and try to head down hwy 10 to make it back home...

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I've been trying to get through the posts but the stupid WiFi is being worse then ever since we had a power out today. O.B. Is out of critical care & in NICU, he's even out of his bator.

The Bigfoot banter made me smile; I needed that today.

Went to make sure the chicklets were in at least the run last night & I couldn't find 2 of those little devils. Checked in the coop, nope then went to close the big door for the night & there in top of the coop are the 2 missing chicklets. There was no way to get them down without a broom. I was hoping the owls wouldn't get them. Checked this morning & all present & accounted for. They may have gotten a bit chilled as they were in the run tonight.

No, I did not get any pictures on the game cam. Don't know why. It went right in front of it. There are pictures but no wolf or coyote on it. I think the BIL said something about the delay setting on it. I talked with some BIL's and will be borrowing more cameras. I was able to hear the geese making a ruckus and DH went out. No bird loss thank goodness.

Glad you did not have any losses!
Just to set the record straight, the natural predator which kept the wolf population in check was the Sasquatch. The Native Americans hunted that species to near extinction I am told. The lone exception being the one under contract to Jack Link and appearing in the Link TV commercials.
Varmints or no varmints, it is always a great day to be a keeper of poultry.
squatch....

Just some pics
Awww from the mouths of babes. Thanks for the wonderful pics Holm!

Where better to ask....does anybody know of someone who has Black Copper Maran pullets? I only want 2....and by 2 that probably means I'll end up with 8! I'd buy chicks from a hatchery, but 2 doesn't meet any minimum orders. I was recommended to Northstar Marans in Chisago, but when I contacted them, it sounds like they only have breeding stock right now. Running out of ideas. Otherwise, I was thinking I'd just wait until spring and visit a tractor supply or find someone to split an order with.
They have black copper Marans at Ramsey farm and garden. I saw chicks, but he has all sizes I think of alot of birds, just give him a call and ask.

Holy Cow I haven't been on here in a long time! Hi everybody!
Hi Wild Child, welcome back!

It was much better mowing today as opposed to last week, i'll tell you what! This cool break has been a godsend to me.

I forget whom i was talking whiskey with a week or two back.... I picked up a bottle of Bird Dog apple whiskey today and whooooooWeee! that is some fantastic stuff! 2 fingers over ice and its gone before you know it! get some and you wont regret it!

no pullet eggs today, or at least none that I could find :)

You know what they say about soap operas; 'you can catch one episode every two weeks and you'll still know what's going on.' Well, I'm away from this board for a few days (minus a couple of minutes here and there) and everything changes. It's hard to keep up on here.

This d*mn job interferes with my chicken discussion. I need to be independently wealthy.
From your mouth to God's ear! I also no longer have time to work, i've got much more important stuff to do in the coop!

Back
Top Bottom