Minnesota!

@Cluckies , your coop is amazing! Did you design it?

Thanks! My original coop was based off of the Wichita Cabin Coop Mine is a little bigger and insulated, and a few other differnces. I've just added the bigger run this summer, I did design that
smile.png

(you can see my original coop build if you click on "My Coop" under my avatar) I'll have to update it when I get a chance with the bigger run.

Cluckies that is beautiful!!! Minniechickmama I read on the byc quail forum til I fell asleep last night. Yikes I have found much yet but did see videos of flight pens with what looked like dozens of quail together. I am not set up for breeding. Gonna figure this out.

i am whipped...  my down trees are all cut up and i have started splitting by hand.  I need to get a log splitter.  I will be splitting from now to kingdom come if i dont.
You can rent a log splitter as well if you don't want to spend the money (if you don't think you'll use it again.) Otherwise, yey, a new log splitter!

Cluckies That chicken house is superb! I dream of a house like that instead of my redneck ones.

I would even put a little cot in there for my naps!

To have a mice place like that for winter days would be so nice.. Dang'

Nice job!

KlopKlop, if you buy a log splitter, when you are done with it, you can store it here at my place so it doesn't take up space there.

Did anyone notice what happened yesterday? We got so wrapped up in our lives we let Pennsylvania pass us to become the only state thread in the top ten! Shame on us!

KlopKlop, if you buy a log splitter, when you are done with it, you can store it here at my place so it doesn't take up space there.

Did anyone notice what happened yesterday?  We got so wrapped up in our lives we let Pennsylvania  pass us to become the only state thread in the top ten!  Shame on us!

Awe man! Time to post like crazy today.
I am thinking I will buy a splitter. One that can tip vertical. We are planning on building a new house late next year and that plan includes a woodstove for heat. I've been watching on Craigslist for a while but nothing with the features I want and in my price range has come up. If I had a tractor with a 3 point and 2 way hydraulics i would be made in the shade but alas....

I never find one in my price range.

If you have access to wood, might I suggest an outside boiler wood stove?

We had at our last home in Minnesota, It was fantastic. I filled it once a day and it heated the whole house for 24-36 hours, It really would hold heat for 2 days (warm not hot). When we went on vacation a very small amount of heat from the back up furnace went to keep the water from freezing.

The mess was outside no smoke in the house, It was great. I have thought about the splitters for my bobcat, but have decided against that as I want to be able to carry the wood to the splitter, I only burn wood at the cabin right now so I really need you to get a tow behind for us.

Hopefully I will get wood into the work shed in the next year or two.

Have you seen those splitters with the fly wheel that " throw" the axe head/plunger? They have one at Runnings in Monticello. If you want, bring your check book and I will show you where Runnings is.

Back
Top Bottom