Minnesota!

We're comtemplating a move to the twin cities area and want to bring our hens with us. We currently have 5 hens and a Wichita Cabin type coop. The coop's roofline is 7' tall in front and 5' tall in back. I've been looking at different city ordinances, but thought it might just be easier to ask here. Based on our coop height and number of hens, what cities could we move to? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi. I’m confused by the state forum. I’m trying to find a young adult duck for a companion for my sweet Loretta who lost her partner Whitebeard today. Any tips or leads would be appreciated.

Hi! My name is Nita. I live in MN. We tried a new adventure as my boyfriend was interested in golden pheasants. My daughter was kindly doing chores as we both were at work and she thought she had the door fully closed. Unfortunately, she did not and the cat got in and killed the chicks. He said accidents happen - but she and I feel really terrible about this and are trying to find Red Golden Pheasant Chicks to replace them with. Would anyone have any Red Golden Pheasant chicks for sale as we don't have an incubator? I appreciate your consideration.

Thanks so much,
Nita

Hi! My name is Nita. I live in MN. We tried a new adventure as my boyfriend was interested in golden pheasants. My daughter was kindly doing chores as we both were at work and she thought she had the door fully closed. Unfortunately, she did not and the cat got in and killed the chicks. He said accidents happen - but she and I feel really terrible about this and are trying to find Red Golden Pheasant Chicks to replace them with. Would anyone have any Red Golden Pheasant chicks for sale as we don't have an incubator? I appreciate your consideration.

Thanks so much,
Nita
I’d look on a Minnesota bird group on Facebook. I don’t know if anyone on here with them.

Greetings fellow Minnesotans,

I live in Northern Minnesota (Ely) and have a dozen ladies running around the woods with me. My original coop (4X6-photos included) has held well through winter but I’ve added in via half of my
Yard barn. My question is, the yard barn and our cold winters. It’s not insulated but there should be about 7 chickens in there at all times.

Should I try to insulate or add a few add-one to keep em warm? I used 2 heat lamps in the original coop with no problems and I also have a heated stand up panel. I think I should be fine but just asking in case anyone has any experience with a yard barn coop.

Photos are just to show how thin the yard barn is.

Thanks everyone! Happy to help too, if anyone has any questions for me.

Attachments

• E078BCCB-9A79-4566-AAE1-F16DC20B03EF.jpeg
    E078BCCB-9A79-4566-AAE1-F16DC20B03EF.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 225BB36B-DC6E-402D-83B9-DE5E4286A699.jpeg
    225BB36B-DC6E-402D-83B9-DE5E4286A699.jpeg
    655.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9B459890-DD4E-4FE7-A85B-85622374A762.jpeg
    9B459890-DD4E-4FE7-A85B-85622374A762.jpeg
    572.9 KB · Views: 9
I have a bunch of leftover rhubarb cake, thinking of feeding it to my ladies. No leaves obviously, should be fine yes?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom