Minnesota!

We will be moving to a house in St. Francis sometime June, I am so excited! I plan on having Salmon Faverolles and Russian Orloffs, does anyone know of someone who will have chicks available?

Also one day we plan on having a miniature donkey, maybe a mini cow, and definitely some goats to provide us with milk and so I can make cheese one day =)

Last edited:
We will be moving to a house in St. Francis sometime June, I am so excited! I plan on having Salmon Faverolles and Russian Orloffs, does anyone know of someone who will have chicks available?

Also one day we plan on having a miniature donkey, maybe a mini cow, and definitely some goats to provide us with milk and so I can make cheese one day =)

Sounds like a wonderful plan! :)

I raise bantam salmon faverolles. Next couple batches are spoken for by Theri but lots of eggs in the incubator and should be more over the course of the month. Day olds are $6 each and I am NPIP.

Hey all,
I just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I live in WI, but work in Forest Lake. I have 6 White Leghorns, 2 Rhodes Island Reds, 2 Aracuana's, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 3 mallards, and 3 pekin ducks. The leghorns are about 7 weeks and the rest are younger than that. I'm currently working on building my coop. I welcome any suggestions to making the best coop possible. It's 12x12 and will be insulated. Everything else is still up in the air as far as venting and such.

Hey all,
I just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I live in WI, but work in Forest Lake. I have 6 White Leghorns, 2 Rhodes Island Reds, 2 Aracuana's, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 3 mallards, and 3 pekin ducks. The leghorns are about 7 weeks and the rest are younger than that. I'm currently working on building my coop. I welcome any suggestions to making the best coop possible. It's 12x12 and will be insulated. Everything else is still up in the air as far as venting and such.

Welcome! You have a wonderful mix there!

My one recommendation is to have more ventilation than you think you need, especially if you have the ducks and chickens together. We are adding a 4 inch turbine roof vent and some type of side vent at ceiling level on the south side. Our windows weren't quite enough or the right type of ventilation for the winter. We made it through without much frostbite, but we really had to work hard keeping the bedding dry.

Post some pics if you can, would love to see your flock.

New to BYC. Live in Elk River. Currently have about 30 chickens. We also have more hens broody this year than ever. Hoping they add another 15-20 chicks to the mix.
Went out to check on one to see how many eggs they were sitting on (collection counts were way down) one little Red was trying to sit on 17 eggs! She was not happy when I took some of them away. I love my chickens!

Back
Top Bottom