Minnesota!

Hi Matt!
welcome-byc.gif
from Hancock!

Hello fellow Minnesota chicken ranchers! I just saw this post today for the first time. I started my first flock of chickens this past March, which means that I will get eggs soon! I bought all my chicks from a near by farm store and have been extremely happy with the current breeds I have. I live out in Cedar/East Bethel and loving it. My neighbor across the street took the plunge and got herself a flock of chickens as well! She ended up with one barred rock rooster and we are already making plans of breeding with my frizzle and keeping the hatchlings! I'm so looking foward to more chicks. I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with the egg demand with 7 laying hens, so adding a few more sounds really good to me. I'm not expecting too many from my d'uccle, so she is not counted as a layer.

This whole chicken experience has been so much better then I expected! I'm loving every minute I spend with my birds.
love.gif
. Anyways, it's very nice to meet everyone.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I'm in Crystal, MN. The city council will be voting on the BYC issue at the next meeting July 19 at 7pm. If you are in the area or know anyone who is, please pass it on. We need all the chicken-lovers that we can find to show up at the meeting!

I have 2 flocks - 4 two-year olds, and 7 eight-week olds as I was preparing to replace the old flock... I should have only gotten 6 at Houles at the most, but their fuzzy butts overcame my good sense.

If the council votes it down, I will have to rehome them all at the end of the month.

I appreciate your prayers, good vibes, and support!

Back
Top Bottom