1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:Mills fleet farm carries the red earth brand, Petersons feed mill in north branch carries the regular food grade DE not the red stuff.

2. chickendays

chickendays Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    Hello! I'm new to chickens (just brought them home about 3 weeks ago). What in the world are we supposed to do with them when it is SO hot and humid??? I have plenty of water out there and they are free ranging in our suburban yard with plenty of shade. Will they be alright? We are in a heat advisory today with temps around 100 degrees. Thanks!

3. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
    Quote:I found it at Fleet Farm in Rochester. If you don't see it,ask someone.

4. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Quote:I found it at Fleet Farm in Rochester. If you don't see it,ask someone.

wonderful! you guys are all great! i'll have to take the long trek to south rochester

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was worried about mine today and they were out under the trees as much as possible. I set up a misty sprinkler but they just went around the edges of it. I had a shallow pool for them to step in and put a fan blowing across the run for when they had to go in for a drink. Frozen bottle of water in the waterer and cold watermelon. I wet down the sand run when I got home tonight. I feel for the southerners watching their birds pant day after day.

6. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Hmmm. i wonder what would happen if you froze a watermelon and then cut slices for the birds. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

7. grammypam

grammypam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Oronoco,Minnesota
    FC...they would love watermelon. I give mine a half watermelon once in a while in summer.

8. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Wish we had a little (just a little) of your warmth - east wind off Lake Superior is like a cool breeze over an iceberg. I guess its instant air conditioning. We'll get there, and then we'll appreciate that east wind a little more.

My chickens love - love watermelon and so do my kids. Poor chickens get the leftovers;)

9. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Quote:That is where I live as well.

10. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    Just wondering if anyone knows of where I can find a couple - Langshans or Welsummer or Black Copper Maran hens or chicks in the northeastern MN or northwestern WI area. I don't need a whole bunch, 2 or 3 will due. I don't want to order 25 through a hatchery. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by