Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    The CCL look great!!!

2. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I just went to their site and they are OUT of catalogs since February!! Bummer!! I will be in waiting for next years and hope to get a copy!

3. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    Those meanies! If you're ever down the Twin Cities way you can have mine. It's still shiny and new. I snagged my mom's and that one looks like a dog ate it after all the adored use its been through!

4. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    yes, but they let you sign up for next years copy coming in December 2015.

Its amazing how fast bakers creek has grown - started small, and it is a humungous operation now. always know for the most gorgeous photography of plants. Their seed packets are also a work of art.

5. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    I signed up for next years. How exciting! Thanks for the info!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  6. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Enjoy! :)

7. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Yes! Wasn't he a 15 year old homeschool kid? I remember just a home-done little catalog. I didn't find them until a few years after the start but I remember being really impressed with the young man.

8. Rhetts

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    We are officially ready!! We washed up our hummingbird feeder, got the syrup ready, and set it up and we are waiting! I LOVE hummingbirds!! When we lived in town we had regular visitors. They were so fun to watch. Well, when we moved I didn't set up the feeder. Last fall I saw hummingbirds a few times so now I am set up and ready if they come back. Can't wait!

1 person likes this.
  9. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    ummmm, Rhett, I dont want to rain on your parade, but ITS SNOWING OUTSIDE!!! ok, got that out of my system, sorry.

came home and it was 52 in the house - but I put the oven on for pizza and got a fire going in the wood stove and it is a whopping 62 now and still going up. As I get older, I tolerate the cold less - I mean, I know I can bundle up and be just fine, but I don't want to!

The bluebirds, swallows and finches are back, but I havent seen any hummers yet. do you like following the maps? here's one of them...
    https://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/humm_ruby_spring2015.html

1 person likes this.
  10. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    No snow here, thank goodness! It is cold and windy, though. The ticks are out. I found one on myself this afternoon and one on my youngest son this morning. What are the best fowl for eating ticks and other small bugs? The perimeter of our land is all wooded . . . I have three boys (well, four if you count my DH) and I can't keep them out of the woods!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by