Minnesota!

@scandiafowl I haven't really noticed a difference in personality, the one black one just has such a bigger body and thicker legs than the other one. I don't really interact with them at all other than watching and taking pictures, because they're being raised by a broody they're pretty skittish around me.
I have noticed that the Welsummer hen is a bit more independent than the others, she'll go off on her own quite a bit.

Welsummers r known to do that. Mine forage for all their food and lay still so I think they r pretty good at it.

Hello everyone! Loving hearing your stories and conversations. Thank you! We dont fence our chickens in, know the risks, but that might be changing. After finding a pile of 9 beautiful brown eggs out in the field (we were wondering why pippin quit laying) we might fence them in... We are new to chickens, and from 8 hens getting 5 or 6 eggs a day so we thought all was well. I guess we could be getting more! Maybe we will keep them in coop until 10 or 11 AM and see if they grow to like using the nest boxes....

Back
Top Bottom