Minnesota!

7 of my hens are currently broody! I had two go broody but they would not let me move them so had to be put back and are currently in the nest boxes with eggs. I have had to make sure I go out several times a day to be sure they are back on right nests, usually they are... Then 5 more went broody! Was able to move one and put some welsh harlequin duck eggs under her, the other 4 keep nest hopping trying to find eggs to sit on... If they stay broody I may try to move another 1 or 2 and put eggs under them or wait till I am closer to hatch day on some of the incubator eggs and let the ladies finish hatching them. I have never had this many broody at once!!

7 of my hens are currently broody! I had two go broody but they would not let me move them so had to be put back and are currently in the nest boxes with eggs. I have had to make sure I go out several times a day to be sure they are back on right nests, usually they are... Then 5 more went broody! Was able to move one and put some welsh harlequin duck eggs under her, the other 4 keep nest hopping trying to find eggs to sit on... If they stay broody I may try to move another 1 or 2 and put eggs under them or wait till I am closer to hatch day on some of the incubator eggs and let the ladies finish hatching them. I have never had this many broody at once!!

7 Wow!! I hope you can utilize them well. When are your eggs due to hatch?

My broody has 7 eggs that should hatch in a couple of days. I also have 2 more that went broody, but I'm not sure how I will use them.

Ms Broody-butt

7 Wow!! I hope you can utilize them well. When are your eggs due to hatch?

My broody has 7 eggs that should hatch in a couple of days. I also have 2 more that went broody, but I'm not sure how I will use them.

Ms Broody-butt
I'd have to check my notes but I think the eggs under the initial two have 1 more week to go. And the duck eggs were just put under the other hen on sunday (also put some in incubator) I might see if the others will let me move them and put some of the other incubator eggs (2 more weeks to go) under them since I have a bunch of shipped eggs coming this week and need incubator room.
Good luck with your hatch!
jumpy.gif

I'd have to check my notes but I think the eggs under the initial two have 1 more week to go. And the duck eggs were just put under the other hen on sunday (also put some in incubator) I might see if the others will let me move them and put some of the other incubator eggs (2 more weeks to go) under them since I have a bunch of shipped eggs coming this week and need incubator room.
Good luck with your hatch!:jumpy

Thanks.
I can't wait to hear cheeps coming from under the broody.

Back
Top Bottom