Minnesota!

Well if Scott truly got -7....IDK....You call it.
lau.gif
I honestly got -7.

I was born and raised in a very small town in southern Kansas where my entire family was and still are farmers - of course the one child of my grandparents who wasn't a farmer just happened to be my parent. Even though my mom chose a non-farming career, I spent my entire life around a farm and all that it entails - chickens, cows, horses, pigs, etc. I never truly appreciated it and couldn't wait to escape farm town Kansas and move to the 'big city'. After college my career brought me to the Minneapolis area and guess what? I now have 10 chickens and if only I lived on a farm I would add a couple of goats and dairy cows. I guess you never truly escape your past.

With that said, I'm also a city boy. Split personality? I've always said if my wife and I were to win the lottery I would want a hobby farm for when I'm feeling country as well as a place in downtown Minneapolis for when I'm feeling cosmopolitan. I enjoy going to the live theater but I also enjoy cleaning out the chicken coop.

After taking this test it's clear to me I need to do less live theater and more coop cleaning.

So how many redneck points do I get docked for raising chickens on 5 acres in Grand Marais? I'm probably not even allowed to take the test...LOL...
There is nothing wrong with living in grand marais, this place just happened to catch my eye. I love the north shore and honestly I wouldn't mind living up here in the back woods. That place has a large chunk of lake shore and a gorgeous house, hence the price.

We are at temperance river state park today, so I will look north and wave
1f600.png

I found more lobster mushrooms and have them cleaned and chopped and ready to cook this morning but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't aprehensive. This would be my first time picking mushrooms from the wild

I dont want to toot my own horn or anything but I "had" a mole problem in my yard until tonight! I had killed two in a week with one of those noose traps, but the overcast evening gave me the opportunity to kill them with a shovel and a garden hoe. I sat out with a case of cheep beer on a lawn chair and binoculars and killed four of those little SOB's! Now I'm drunk and my yard is airated. 
hahaha, a pitchfork works really good to kill these as well

Love the velvet Elvis. I don't know where I would hang one if I had one though. We have a well-known local artist that will make changes to velvet canvas by adding himself in the work. I don't know how he does it, but I would hang one of those.

[COLOR=333333]You have to tip-toe up bare foot and closely watch the ground for movement and then SMASH!!![/COLOR]:p  Ha. That will keep me smiling all day. Barefoot, PBR in hand, SMASH!!

Speaking of artists, there is a man who works at the Mississippi Market who is a mural artists in NE. Why is this important to me, you might ask?
Because I have a major crush on him.

So how many redneck points do I get docked for raising chickens on 5 acres in Grand Marais? I'm probably not even allowed to take the test...LOL...

You don't get docked points, you probably get extra points. I lived in Grand Marais a Long long time ago I always thought there were 2 main types of people in GM. Artist and rednecks. Unless you hang with the artsy crowd I am sure you will make it in.

I love your chickens too. 2nd from the top! Om goodness.

Ralphie I can't believe the hussy is gone. Oh no! What do you think you have there?

I like that picture and the one with the head of the chicken staring at us. I think both should be entered into the calendar contest.

I have no idea what I have BC, BUT it hopefully came to an end last night. I have all the chickens locked up. They will not get out during the day for a few weeks. I will let the turkeys out during the day but they go in at night.

I do have guineas running around but I am considering them bait. The dogs do not know it but they are going on guard duty and not going to sit on their butts in the house all day anymore. I did not notice the hussy being gone until I moved the birds last night. I am hoping she went broody again. but that is an unrealistic hope.

I found more lobster mushrooms and have them cleaned and chopped and ready to cook this morning but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't aprehensive. This would be my first time picking mushrooms from the wild

Boy, do I understand that!

I would love to hunt and gather mushrooms, free wild food Yummy.. BUT it was driven into me since I was a wee lad mushrooms and toad stools are poison. Of course, my parents bought very little food and mushrooms was not one of them. I am sure I was a teen before I tasted a mushroom. Even when I buy them in the store, there is a nagging feeling they could be poison.

"You cannot ever be sure if they are poison or not, so best not eat any of them"

Was drilled into me.

Boy, do I understand that!

I would love to hunt and gather mushrooms, free wild food Yummy..  BUT it was driven into me since I was a wee lad  mushrooms and toad stools are poison. Of course, my parents bought very little food and mushrooms was not one of them. I am sure I was a teen before I tasted a mushroom.  Even when I buy them in the store, there is a nagging feeling they could be poison.

"You cannot ever be sure if they are poison or not, so best not eat any of them"

Was drilled into me.

Well I'm not dead yet! I only had a couple little pieces, just in case. We will see if I survive the day. They were tasty and would compliment a nice medium rare steak and Garlic mashed taters any day

Back
Top Bottom