Minnesota!

How about skipping the dead deer photos?

I am curious, how is a picture of a deer dressed out, which is food for his table that this young man provided to his family any worse or different than the dressed out turkey and chickens or even roasted ones we show on here all the time?

Not wanting to start a fight, I just don't see a difference and wish to be educated in the difference.

I am curious, how is a picture of a deer dressed out, which is food for his table that this young man provided to his family any worse or different than the dressed out turkey and chickens or even roasted ones we show on here all the time?

Not wanting to start a fight, I just don't see a difference and wish to be educated in the difference.
You can't ask that questions and then say 'not to start a fight', ralphie, because you are. You two need to give each other some space. Nobody likes having to read through passive aggression, or at least i don't!

Klop. I think he asks an honest question. this young man comes on here excited about his hunting tradition. Pride in providing. And is requested to diminish this by an adult uncomfortable seeing a harvested animal. I respect vegans with special sensitivities toward the death of food animals and have removed pictures to accommodate them. Had no problem doing that. But if you eat meat, then these photos show that reality. And I think it's ok if he wants to show photos of his hunting tradition and provision for his family. Maybe I'm missing the fact that she's a vegan. If I am than I'm sorry for missing that fact.

As it turns out he was too excited to get the photos. But if he wants I think he would be ok to post a picture of his bagged deer. I'm for kids being out in the woods, being unplugged. And living real and healthy lifestyles. I've seen my share of dead deer photos and probably could care less if I see another. But I will look at a picture of Holm's deer if he showed me one. Proud of him.

Cluckies I'm so glad for the flat panel bracket advice. I used a 2 x2 but it looks so awesome up there and much more professional. Any ways I stood back and admired it for a while. Lol. Awesome to have you here on BYC. You've got great coop creativity. ;)

Great job Holm! Nice way to round out the hunt.

Scandia, I think you should message her as you'll probably get 16 answers from us... my guess is big lake...
wink.png

She did PM me. Maybe she is trying to confirm.
idunno.gif
I live in Zimmerman.
smile.png

Last edited:
@Minniechickmama do you know where I can get some more of those blue and black orpies.... and a roo pls pretty pls then of course what cha hatching my clover bud ... is in need of birdies yes I'm asking early... as for the rest of you lot. I will drive for orpies please

@Minniechickmama do you know where I can get some more of those blue and black orpies.... and a roo pls pretty pls then of course what cha hatching my clover bud ... is in need of birdies yes I'm asking early... as for the rest of you lot. I will drive for orpies please

I can't help you on the Orps. I am not even sure who has them. There might be a guy I can look up.
I will send you a PM.

sorry guys.... DW and I just had a "Eat a snickers, you aren't you when you when you are hungry" conversations. I apparently am in a bit a of a mood tonight, and i brought that here. To clarify, I would not be bothered by photos nor am i bothered by hunting, obviously. What I was getting at is that different people on here have varying opinions (which is fine) but recently that has resulted in friction in our conversations.

I've had some pretzel crisps now and im feeling better....

Back
Top Bottom