Minnesota!

I finished the quilt last night ,,, finally,,, it covers a king size bed. Now I just have to make the pillow cases to match.. Yep it is very bright.. But it was made with leftover scratch materials...
[/IMG]

Hi Everybody!
MinnesotaNice, the chicks are doing great, went out to check on them this morning and they were all running to the door to be pet. How are the hens? After I traded with you I went to the feed store to get some grower feed and got bit by an Irish Wolfhound. He didn't puncture anything badly but I have a g on my wrist. Mom made me go to the doc and nothing is broken but I have some nerve and tendon damagee and won't be use that hand for much for awhile. He just had to bite my dominant arm
he.gif
. I'm thinking of raising some of my own chicken feed and read somewhere on here about raising guppies, minnows, and duckweed as a supplement for chickens. Anyone else heard of or did it? I was also thinking about aquatic snails and crickets.

What???? Are you okay? Hens are good! I went cold turkey with them, which I normally would never do. I put them on the roosts last night when the girls were sleeping. This morning all was well in the coop/run. I threw in some lettuce heads, scratch and apples to keep everyone happy and occupied. I'm going to swing home for lunch in a bit here and let the other ladies out for the afternoon. I suspect Diva will be top hen by sundown :)

My mom does minnows in her backyard pond. She'll just scoop them out when she wants them for her chickens. Agreed, good idea with the guppies. Snails multiply quickly as well.

Last edited:
I finished the quilt last night ,,, finally,,, it covers a king size bed. Now I just have to make the pillow cases to match.. Yep it is very bright.. But it was made with leftover scratch materials...
[/IMG]

What did you use for backing on the quilt? A very lovely design.

Aww.. your puppies are so cute!

Here is the back.. I got a whole roll of it for $10 it will be part of several other quilts since I have so much of it.. The letters on the blocks are for a scrabble quilt I'm making for my son.. It will be a surprise for him. Husband and son use to play a game of scrabble everyday for years. And since hubby died he won't play scrabble his wife has tried to get him to play but he says he just can't do it.. So hopefully the quilt will be special to him.. Hope he likes it ... That one I will make as close to perfection as I can...

Since when does the Barbie dream house's toilet actually flush for real??? Wow how old am I .. My dream house use to be opened records and her car was a shoe box..

[/URL]
Beautiful quilt Coffee! I bet it will be great for combating the winter blues by adding a big splash of color
smile.png
Your pups are adorable! I know the two in front are Poms but is the back one a longhair Chi? I like little dogs and would one if it weren't for the fact that I have visions of a squashed puppy under the weight of my current 5 month old puppies that already weigh 70 pounds
big_smile.png

What???? Are you okay? Hens are good! I went cold turkey with them, which I normally would never do. I put them on the roosts last night when the girls were sleeping. This morning all was well in the coop/run. I threw in some lettuce heads, scratch and apples to keep everyone happy and occupied. I'm going to swing home for lunch in a bit here and let the other ladies out for the afternoon. I suspect Diva will be top hen by sundown :)

My mom does minnows in her backyard pond. She'll just scoop them out when she wants them for her chickens. Agreed, good idea with the guppies. Snails multiply quickly as well.
I'm just fine, right after the dog bit me he was whining, leaning on me, and nudging me. Wolfhounds have a high prey drive and between the smell of my one pup and the chickens I think he just got so excited that he had to clamp down on something and that something just happened to be my arm
smile.png
I'm glad the hens are doing good. I'm not surprised the mix in well with your flock as I've mixed up my four coops a good deal and they're good with adjusting. The little roo you gave me tried to crow today. I'm pretty sure that isn't normal for their age right?

Back
Top Bottom