Minnesota!

I'm exploring the electric fence route to contain Rosie. I can't put my parents through rescuing her again.

Has anyone ever used one? Any recommendations? It needs to cover a very large area.
If you mean in-ground, it is GREAT!! But if you are going to do it, you better get at it, you need to bury the wire an inch or two into the ground, it is the hardest part. You can give them as much space as you want with it. Our dogs have a very large area in the yard so they have plenty of room to run and chase each other and get lots of exercise. I forget how many feet we laid down for them, maybe 500? The trick is, make sure you are going to put it where it won't get hit by a tiller or trimmer or something like that because splicing those dang things is a royal PITA!!!

Funniest thing tonight.

I was in the coop checking on the ladies and one suddenly laid a egg while roosting. It plopped on the fresh pine shavings...
It happened so fast that I couldn't figure out who the culprit was!

I'm just a few blocks from downtown Anoka.. I'm right off of a freeway 10 west and Ferry..
Before we moved here, we lived in Anoka for 14-months. 1052 Benton Street, I think was the address. Our back yard was open to the River - the MS. My son scared the hell out of me one day when I turned around and found him running toward the river and was half way there. There was nothing to stop him. It wasn't really our yard that was on the edge, but the neighbor's. We put up a fence to keep him and the dog both from running off.

Here is the back.. I got a whole roll of it for $10 it will be part of several other quilts since I have so much of it.. The letters on the blocks are for a scrabble quilt I'm making for my son.. It will be a surprise for him. Husband and son use to play a game of scrabble everyday for years. And since hubby died he won't play scrabble his wife has tried to get him to play but he says he just can't do it.. So hopefully the quilt will be special to him.. Hope he likes it ... That one I will make as close to perfection as I can...
Maybe one day he will have his own son and he will take it up again with him and share memories of his father to keep those memories going? Some things just never can be the same for us when we lose someone, as you already know.

Great buy on the bolt of fabric! Is there still a Mill Ends or something like that up in Champlin? I used to go to one up there and get fabric cheap but you have to hunt a long time to find stuff. There was one in Rochester and it is gone now.

Wild Child - sorry about the dog bite. Isn't that funny though how some just lose their heads for a minute and don't even realize what they are doing? Our Zeke is the dopiest dog ever, but he has only one thing on his mind if you get a chicken near him and he can't see or hear anything else around him. Hence, the reason we still have them all on the in-ground fence.

My two boys that take after the Newf/Pyrenees love the chickens and already are protecting them. My girl that takes after the Shepherd is like your Zeke, she all the sudden becomes deaf when there's chickens around.

Anyone want 8 rouen ducklings? These are the deep keeled, exhibition type ones. I popped the eggs in the incubator more out of curiosity than anything. 4 of them are 4 days old and other 4 are 12 days old. Can provide NPIP papers and all that jazz if needed.... The older ones have already tripled in size. They are a HUGE mess/stink in the house and I don't have my garage brooders set up yet. I can clean the brooder 5 times a day and they still stink. FREE if gone by this weekend!!!!! I'm heading to Nicollet tomorrow morning to meet someone for chicks and can bring along there or pick up in Sleepy Eye.

Anyone want 8 rouen ducklings? These are the deep keeled, exhibition type ones. I popped the eggs in the incubator more out of curiosity than anything. 4 of them are 4 days old and other 4 are 12 days old. Can provide NPIP papers and all that jazz if needed.... The older ones have already tripled in size. They are a HUGE mess/stink in the house and I don't have my garage brooders set up yet. I can clean the brooder 5 times a day and they still stink. FREE if gone by this weekend!!!!! I'm heading to Nicollet tomorrow morning to meet someone for chicks and can bring along there or pick up in Sleepy Eye.
I'd take them in a heartbeat but my mom says no ducks until spring
hmm.png

Can't say I blame her. Unless you can throw them out in a heated garage/shed, they are horrible to raise in the house. Normally we only raise them in spring too and kick the ducklings out to barn/pasture as soon as possible. We are down to just the 1 pair of rouens left and my exhibition muscovies from Jim/Patti Zimmerman from KS. Darn my luck...every one of those ducklings are rouens!

Back
Top Bottom