Minnesota!

Duane Urch free ranges his birds in Summer and Fall. I asked him once how he keeps them from predators? He said, "Get yourself a Black and Tan Coonhound and they won't let anything come around." Personally, I don't like the sound of a coonhound baying, so I skipped that and put up fences.
You on the other hand, probably did yourself the best favor and didn't even know it!

Dixie came before the farm but she is a natural farm dog. She was never around other hounds growing up so I don't think she knows how to howl/bay really which is ok with me.

her nose is sharp though. Ive turned her on the trail of coons when ive seen them around the farm last spring and she found their trail even with no formal training.

Dixie came before the farm but she is a natural farm dog. She was never around other hounds growing up so I don't think she knows how to howl/bay really which is ok with me.

her nose is sharp though. Ive turned her on the trail of coons when ive seen them around the farm last spring and she found their trail even with no formal training.

Those things are so bred into that breed/type of dog though, I would expect them to be good trackers.

The Buckeyes are growing like weeds! I love these little guys so much!

And... The new bull!! He is a 15 month old SimAngus and weighs in at 1,430lbs. Hes gonna be a monster!

The Buckeyes are growing like weeds! I love these little guys so much!

And... The new bull!! He is a 15 month old SimAngus and weighs in at 1,430lbs. Hes gonna be a monster!

I was just going to ask you how those little Bucks were doing!?!? I am so glad you like them so well! It is funny, I put all their brothers and sisters into a big pen in the big building and now they come over and peck at my feet and check out what I am doing. I have one NH cockerel in the group too that roosts up on my nest boxes and just sits there watching, he even pecked at my backside while I was feeding the top pen of bantams over that big pen.

Back
Top Bottom