Minnesota!

Lately any day that doesn't include rain is a gorgeous day!
lol.png

Hello! I'm from SE MN just north of Rochester. I'm jumping head first into chicken keeping this thursday. I'm getting 50 buff orpington chicks. This is the first time ever for this. I'm hoping things will go well. Hopefully some of you are around my area. It would be nice to meet some people doing the same thing!

Glad I'm not the only one to think these are the prettiest ducks around! I will totally vouch for Ewerts Country Waterfowl in Arlington, MN. Even though it's hard to find their phone number (I can pm it to you) I was referred to them from the forums, they ship ducklings. And my birds were probably the ones not chosen for breeding. Wish I could have seen the breeding pens. The weather was so yucky that it was a very short trip. All kinds of cute little ducklings in the building, it was hard to resist taking some home!

Hi Dave,
I will be there and yes the birds are to be tested before you can sell them, if you haven't already had them tested a tester will be available on site for $1 per bird.

Any birds under 5 months old can't be tested. anything over 4 weeks old needs to have a numbered band and everyone needs to keep records of sales and purchases. They are really cracking down this year which is a really good thing. If all goes smoothly on saturday there will continue to be swaps there, if not they will pull the plug on it and that will be it for the swaps around this area. ANyone going lets all do our best to make this swap run as smooth as possible! Happy swappin
big_smile.png

I will have a few birds going. The swap starts at 7 am but folks get there super early to set up shop. See ya there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom