Minnow trap for snakes

Well, I don’t like to be bit, but I’ve been bit by snakes and lizards plenty of time from my reptile keeping days, so it’s pretty whimpy when I don’t just go for broke and grab them. I did actually try to grab that guy but he was shyer than most and immediately fled to a tangle of green briar, where I lost him… If you can grab behind the head then they can’t bite you, so that was the hold I was going for. They do release their anal gland so you get sprayed, which is gross and requires a shower! You could get a snake hook and a plastic garbage bag with a lid. Pick up the snake with a snake hook, immediately deposit into the waiting trash can, then put the lid on.
https://www.amazon.com/Zikimed-Snake-Heavy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B07GT8SD5L
I so did not know snakes spray.:eek:

I know it sounds a bit cliche, but snakes are actually more afraid of you! Even venomous ones will try as hard as they can to get away (unless you intentionally corner them or step on them).

A lot of people make them out to be malicious, but I promise they're just another animal trying to live their lives. They don't seek out people to bite or eat! 😅 Here, I'll even add a picture of me holding a water snake! ❤️🐍
I am such big ol baby, I tell ya! I am ridiculously embarrassing whenever it comes to most creatures except for dogs, cats, and fowl. I look like a person that's experiencing something between a mental breakdown that includes brain freeze and a very extreme rain dance if anything buzzes around my head. I scream and freak out over seeing a mouse. Just completely ridiculous!!! I've done so much better lately though, especially with the snakes. I do not want my daughter to take after me and look like an idiot all of her life so I am making an effort to calm down the dramatics. I applaud all of you that are able to deal with things like this with a cool calm head and not look so stupid like me. I am in their world so I better accept it, right 😂

Well, I don’t like to be bit, but I’ve been bit by snakes and lizards plenty of time from my reptile keeping days, so it’s pretty whimpy when I don’t just go for broke and grab them. I did actually try to grab that guy but he was shyer than most and immediately fled to a tangle of green briar, where I lost him… If you can grab behind the head then they can’t bite you, so that was the hold I was going for. They do release their anal gland so you get sprayed, which is gross and requires a shower! You could get a snake hook and a plastic garbage bag with a lid. Pick up the snake with a snake hook, immediately deposit into the waiting trash can, then put the lid on.
https://www.amazon.com/Zikimed-Snake-Heavy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B07GT8SD5L
This is one of the best ideas I've ever heard! Thank you! I can't believe I'm even admitting this but I had someone to drive 45 minutes, one way, to remove a tiny lizard from my kitchen. I was absolutely TERRIFIED that it was going to jump on me and then I'd just lose it. Isn't that hilarious? I'm so ridiculous

I am such big ol baby, I tell ya! I am ridiculously embarrassing whenever it comes to most creatures except for dogs, cats, and fowl. I look like a person that's experiencing something between a mental breakdown that includes brain freeze and a very extreme rain dance if anything buzzes around my head. I scream and freak out over seeing a mouse. Just completely ridiculous!!! I've done so much better lately though, especially with the snakes. I do not want my daughter to take after me and look like an idiot all of her life so I am making an effort to calm down the dramatics. I applaud all of you that are able to deal with things like this with a cool calm head and not look so stupid like me. I am in their world so I better accept it, right 😂
Good for you for being determined not to pass that fear on! I have met many snake phobic people, so that’s really common. I have my own phobias: I grew up in Florida, where roach infestations were super common, so developed a pretty good phobia to roaches after one dropped off the ceiling into my hair, plus many other roach horrors. As an adult, I’ve had some very embarrassing “roach screams”! The skittering really gets to me. That skittering translates to mice too. I do research on mice and have to grab them from a cage: that’s fine, no problem. But if a mouse skitters across my garage floor (we live in the woods), it reminds me of a roach and I lose it again - more embarrassing screams.

Good for you for being determined not to pass that fear on! I have met many snake phobic people, so that’s really common. I have my own phobias: I grew up in Florida, where roach infestations were super common, so developed a pretty good phobia to roaches after one dropped off the ceiling into my hair, plus many other roach horrors. As an adult, I’ve had some very embarrassing “roach screams”! The skittering really gets to me. That skittering translates to mice too. I do research on mice and have to grab them from a cage: that’s fine, no problem. But if a mouse skitters across my garage floor (we live in the woods), it reminds me of a roach and I lose it again - more embarrassing screams.
Haha you just described my problem too! I will handle any animal in the world no problem but if I see a roach (am also in Florida) I scream like I'm getting murdered. I don't know what it is but they are just so nasty. The Florida ones are like the size of a small dog. I can't stand it!

Haha you just described my problem too! I will handle any animal in the world no problem but if I see a roach (am also in Florida) I scream like I'm getting murdered. I don't know what it is but they are just so nasty. The Florida ones are like the size of a small dog. I can't stand it!
Yes, Florida roaches are just appalling!!!! :sick

Back
Top Bottom