Miracle egg!!!

My first chicken who was also my favorite chicken was eaten by a fox but I found 3 of her eggs in the fridge that were 2 weeks old. I threw them in the incubator just to see what would happen and 1 out of three is developing! I will post updates every couple days on its progress! Today is day is day 5View attachment 2255824
How's it going? I hatched some week old refrigerated eggs too once, and my hatch rate was really good! Are any others developing? I hope it hatches!
Sorry about your hen.

How's it going? I hatched some week old refrigerated eggs too once, and my hatch rate was really good! Are any others developing? I hope it hatches!
Sorry about your hen.
Sorry I just saw this it died in its shell on day 21!!!! I’m thinking it’s comb looked like a male which I read that with refrigerated eggs the males either never form or die before hatch I have only gotten roosters from her anyway so I believe that she laid male eggs

I did something exactly like this! My ducks were killed by raccoons. I had their eggs in the fridge so I decided I had to hatch them. They had been in the fridge for 3 weeks before I started. Out of 3 eggs I got all three ducklings to hatch. Good luck, I’m hoping your hatch works out as good as mine did! :D
Sadly it died in day 21 in the egg!

Back
Top Bottom