miracle hatch after 18 hours without power

kayjuggler

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Maryland
This is my first post after spending a couple months learning from all of you. I just had to share our story. We had 29 eggs from crunchie and hnkjc. On day12 overnight into day 13 the incubator lost power when my 7 year old accidently switched the power off. They were down to 70 degrees when I found them at 3pm on day 13. I was certian they were all dead but turned the power back on and read as much as I could find on this forum. Well, when I candled them that night I couldn't believe it....most of the fertile eggs still had moving chicks. I didn't remove any of them and on day 20...peeping, pipping, and hatching! I wasn't even ready because I thought they would be delayed. Before the power outage, most of the eggs looked to be fertile so I think we lost some but out of 29 eggs...we got 15. Thanks to all of you on this forum for your words of wisdom. I will try posting pics.

15108_chicks10-7_023.jpg

15108_chicks10-7_009.jpg

I am so glad you held on and waited, keep the faith and believe in the strength of those chickies! They can amaze you! Congratulations! They are beautiful!
Tina

Awww, great job on never giving up hope on those babies. Congrats on a beautiful hatch!
jumpy.gif

Jody

Back
Top Bottom