Miscellaneous Meeps - Hatching my Dreams

Pics
It almost looks like blue lavender, but the odds of both parents happening to carry lavender when it's pretty hard to come by in Silkies is pretty slim... My best theory otherwise is that it's a blue with heavy silver leakage. Silver leakage tends to blend into the base color with silkied feathering, especially on pullets that get less patchy leakage like the males and instead get more evenly spread out leakage. This can give the effect of just being a lighter tone of color instead of looking like outright color leakage. I suspect Nora, my silkied Blue Cochin pullet, has some silver leakage as well because she has a lighter-toned patch down her chest if you look at her in the right lighting. Hopefully once your little one is in adult plumage it'll become more clear what's going on there. :fl
All I heard there was that this is likely a pullet and she's going to be gorgeous! 🤣

:yesss: :lau

But super interesting the broad leakage, I didn't know that. Blue is a definite possibility, she was in with two blue boys for a bit, one has weird maybe blue partridge stuff going on.

Good morning eggies! Chilly here too, stay warm in the incubator!

Good Morning Love GIF by joeyahlbum

All I heard there was that this is likely a pullet and she's going to be gorgeous! 🤣

:yesss: :lau

But super interesting the broad leakage, I didn't know that. Blue is a definite possibility, she was in with two blue boys for a bit, one has weird maybe blue partridge stuff going on.

Haha, definitely not making any guarantees on a pullet! But here's hoping! :fl

I can't find any recent pictures of Nora that show what I'm talking about with her, but here is baby Nora (~2 months old) that shows what I'm talking about with that lighter patch on her chest. I don't know for sure that it's color leakage in her case, but it certainly looks similar to what I've seen for color leakage in Silkies.

perdi lighter blue pullet.jpg

*sigh* obligatory Ohioan here............. it snowed yesterday!

Here as well, next door in Indiana. Can't complain too much, we usually get a random few snowy days in April here, sometimes even in May as well. :barnie

Haha, definitely not making any guarantees on a pullet! But here's hoping! :fl

I can't find any recent pictures of Nora that show what I'm talking about with her, but here is baby Nora (~2 months old) that shows what I'm talking about with that lighter patch on her chest. I don't know for sure that it's color leakage in her case, but it certainly looks similar to what I've seen for color leakage in Silkies.

View attachment 3776162

Here as well, next door in Indiana. Can't complain too much, we usually get a random few snowy days in April here, sometimes even in May as well. :barnie
Oh my, Nora was a little cutie! I see the lighter fluff, interesting. So going back to our lighter vs dark Blues, could a light blue be due to some gene that causes wide spread leakage? My blue satin has a very dark blue head, neck, back, and tail with a lighter underside and faint lacing on his chest.

Screenshot_20231216-203758_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom