Mislabeled Chicks 😅 What are they??

Apr 20, 2022
We picked up three “sapphire olive egger” chicks a few weeks ago (1cockerel/2pullets) - and it appears they were labeled incorrectly 😅

Sapphire OEs are typically grey in color, I thought?…but these babies started showing bars - they looked like barred rocks for a minute…But check the mohawks they’re growing now? And one of the pullets seems to have some frizzle in her..? The one with frizzle-looking feathers also appears to be rumpless. They’re about 5 weeks now.

Just wondering if anyone else has had barred rocks with mohawks…or if we just happened to get some barred olive eggers! 😍

(A random cold snap has them back inside at night for a few days - during the day, they have a larger run outside)
73BEB7A0-248E-40D1-A3C6-D6DF5D75D812.jpeg
C8D2AB67-BD5D-4206-8E85-8ED1237117BF.jpeg
373C0A00-6DC3-4215-99BF-E80E7FA7E5BD.jpeg

That is exactly what I was going to say. They look like the babies I got from my CLB roo and cuckoo mom. They lay olive colored eggs, and the Mohawks got WAY bigger.
My kids will be thrilled! We love our barred rocks, but we’ve all been waiting to add some olive colored eggs. Olive eggs plus awesome hairdos?! We’re here for it 👏🏻

Back
Top Bottom