~*Miss Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN POST #95!

All righty....

Name: Donna
Breed: Barred Rock
Why she should be Miss Chicken 2010: Despite being owned by a fifteen year old boy, (this is actually my stepbrother's hen, but he's not a BYCer, so I'm entering for him) Donna manages to stay in touch with her feminine side. She's a great layer, and has beautiful, silky feathers. Never has Donna forgotten her place in the pecking order and challenged the queen of the flock. Even though I hardly ever see her, whenever I go out to visit the chickens,she's the first to come running. Donna also posses the amazing skill of riding on my brother's shoulder while he mows the lawn.
th.gif
All in all, Donna is a wonderful hen with many talents, despite not being a fancy or show breed. This is why she deserves to be Miss Chicken 2010.

45421_donna_2010.jpg

45421_donna_2010jpg_2.jpg

Last edited:
41027_img_3793.jpg
[/img]

Name: Edwina Michelle
Breed: Black Sex Link
Reason to Nominate: She is an adorable missy!
Look into her sweet eyes and she will melt ya to a puddle!
True to her being a High Hen-ness, she is THE boss of the flock, even though she is one of the youngest.

Hen's name: Patches
Hen's breed: Gold laced Cochin
Hen's age: Approximately 9 months
And why you think she should be Miss Chicken 2010!

Patches should be Miss Chicken 2010 because she laid an egg this morning in spite of being horribly mauled by my dog! She was a beautiful chicken, and even though she looks a little battered here, she is still beautiful to me. She was chased down by my younger Australian Shepherd earlier this week. Half of her "fluffy butt" is just bare, feathers gone as well as a lot of skin. She has multiple injuries to her back end, right wing, and all down her back and sides. I have been giving her a soak in dilute betadine every night, and each time I find more wounds. It's a miracle she is still alive! In spite of her injuries and pain that she must be suffering, this morning when I came downstairs I found she had laid an egg in her crate! She's going to make it! The dog has been rehomed, so she will never have to worry about this happening again.

31698_p1010766.jpg

Back
Top Bottom