~*Miss Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN POST #95!

This is Sandra,A Buff Leghorn two year old.
48906_09_buff_leghorn.jpg
[/img]

This is Big Mama. She is a 1.5 year old Red Sexlink.
72213_bigmama.jpg

As you can see she is NOT camera shy. She likes to be held, petted, and talked to. Her favorite snack is a big, fat, Nightcrawler worm as she will flutter up 3 feet high to get it out of my hand. She loves to talk and chatter up a storm to me, my wife, the dog, and her best friend a white leghorn named Tara (Tair-uh)...especially when its time to eat or get treats, whether it be on my terms or hers.

She is the Head Hen of the flock, but enjoys her company at dinner....
72213_theflock.jpg

She lays very LARGE brown eggs at a good rate. Here she is coming out of the nest box to "talk" to Rudy, the RIR Rooster....
72213_rudyroo.jpg

Great great great! Hey Louie how about we start judging Dec 23 and have a winner by the 27. I may be busy over the holidays, so we should start early.

54265_yannapicnikified.jpg

54265_meandyannaeyes.jpg

54265_yanna3.jpg

Name: Ayanna, Yanna for short
Breed: Sorry, I'm not positive, but I've been told she probably has some EE in her (she lays green eggs), and maybe some Australorp or JBG
Why: Because she's so sweet! Ever since we've been forced to get rid of our rooster she's been our guard hen. She's even faced off our dog
lau.gif
She also puts up with lots of pictures and snuggling.
smile.png
I love her
love.gif

Please post:
A pretty picture of the hen:
19130_100_1318.jpg
19130_100_1319.jpg

Hen's name : Cloudy at Sunset
Hen's breed : Mille Fleur Cochin
Hen's age : 1 year
And why you think she should be Miss Chicken 2010!

Cloudy is my go around chicken, she walks around on a harness, go's to pet stores, farmers markets, schools and anywhere I do demo's on chickens. rides on your shoulder, doesn't poo on you, and can handle lots pf petting, touching, holding by all ages of people all day long.

We will starr judging in a few days. I will close the entries to judge so that we don't start judging and then someone decides to enter in the nidst of the judging. This means that you have 4-6 days to enter.

69838_birds_002.jpg

Cheepie
2 months old in this pic (RIP)
Barnyard mutt

A new cat in the hood' cut her life so short, but I want to nominate her because she was the coolest bird I will probably ever have. She followed me everywhere, came to me when I called her, ate meals with me, loved ice cream, and loved to go car riding and visiting. She was the bomb!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom