~*Miss Chicken 2010 Contest!*~ WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN POST #95!

Name: Pigeon Sister
Breed: Sppr
Why she should be Miss Chicken: Shes a great little hen
39028_sppr_part_2_015.jpg
39028_sppr_aug_1_10_002.jpg
39028_dec_16_10_011.jpg

This is Mocha. She is a 2 year old hen of mine. I just love her. I found her wandering when I took this picture of her. It was a very windy day. Her wandering is why I usually need to keep my eye on her pretty closely when I let her range in the yard. When she was about 6 months old, she walked across my lawn (about the size of a football field) and about halfway she decided to take a nap. She just layed down and fell asleep with her neck straight out on the grass. Man I thought she was dead! That really gave me a fright! I have had a few other scares where she wandered into the taller grass and couldnt find her way out. She is just a real sweetheart and never is mean to any other birds. She also usually keeps her head pretty clean too, which can be a task for a silkie.
smile.png

5531_img_0308.jpg

Here she is after I brushed her a little. These are the only 2 pics I have of her on the computer now.

5531_img_0605.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my entry: Her name is COMET, she's 4 months old, a Silver Partridge Silkie (some breeders call them grey). I don't have a weight on her, but she is tiny. She is the smallest of her hatchmates, but she makes up for it in personality! When I opened the coop one morning to bring the treat bowl, she jumped/flew straight out at me....landed on my chest....and hung on for dear life! Talk about a suprise! Since then she's improved her aim and lands on my shoulder. I thought Silkies couldn't fly. Well this little girl does! She will eat treats with the others, but much prefers to have her portion from my fingers while sitting on my shoulder. What a spoiled babydoll! I had never seen one of this coloration except in someone's avatar and just LOVED the way they looked. Then a breeder friend called me and said she had a grey. I bought her sight unseen. I'm SO glad I did. She's my precious sweetie!

And here is her baby picture:
34695_dscn0157.jpg

A little bit older:
34695_new_silkies_10-10_003.jpg

About 4 months now:
34695_new_silkies_11-23_013.jpg

Livin' life on the edge:
34695_new_silkies_10-10_004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom