Miss Chook: Ear infection??

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* Hey all- Think my girl has an ear infection. Very restless and 'tempy' @ 2-ish in the a.m.. Gave water and a light misting from a spray bottle to cool her off and she slept. Laid early, and she ate a good lunch after which I looked her over good. She still seems tempy and I found a minut amt. of dry browning drainage in the left ear fringies. What d'ya'll think???

Did she have a recent respiratory illness? If not it migh be due to mites... can you get to a vet?
Try posting on Peter Browns forum from First STate Vet Supply... ( wwwfeatherfanciers.com) He can also provide you with the meds you will need.

*Thanks, dlhunicorn- no respiratory but I had been eyeballing the base of her comb the past few days-- sometimes looks like sand bits there, but may be mites. ED: They couldn't give her a fever, though, could they?? OH! Could hiccuphs indicate respiratory?? She's had them 3 times in as many days . . . .

Last edited:
check her REAL good for stick-tight lice...these are known to be around the face and are difficult to get rid of.... If you can get to a vet do so...this can get bad fast.

* Could s/t lice be the cause of the fever, dl??? (sorry.
roll.png
)

Last edited:
Sticktight Fleas wont cause a fever, Ear mites will cause ear infection/fever...VetRx will treat either mites in the ear or sticktight fleas on the face

* Don't know how to update-- so I'm here instead. . . Chook seems a smidgeon better but it IS MITES; I saw one today. Got sevin for outside, but wondering if I should ivomec her to off mites and worm at the same time. . . ????

Back
Top Bottom