Miss Prissy, Speckled Hen, or DLH, need your help!

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
Hi. Got a ? My SLW roo Rocky was fine this a.m. & afternoon. I went outside a little while ago (around 5:15) to make sure everyone was in the run after their free range time and Rocky was holding his L wing down (similar to the "dance" posture) and not tucking it back up along the body like normal position. I gently manipulated it and it doesn't have the normal resistance and tension in the joint it should have. He didn't act like it was hurting, but I was wondering if I could wrap it next to his body for support, and if so, could anyone give some advice as to what to use and how long to leave it wrapped to give the wing a chance to heal? I checked under the wings; no sign of mites, bleeding, or any type of external injury. Got any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your kind responses. Regards, crtrlovr (critterlover)

Last edited:
nobody have any words of wisdom for me??
sad.png

Is he showing any other signs of illness other than the drooping wing? Is he sneezing or coughing? How does the color in his comb and wattles look? Is he limping? Sorry! Lots of questions, but these knowing these things will help to rule out several illnesses.

I just lost two pullets, and the first symptom they both had was a wing hanging down.
sad.png
One pullet definitely had cocci, the other had a lot of mucus and I'm not sure if it had cocci along with a cold or what. I would keep a close eye on his poop just in case!

I hope it's just a sprained wing and he heals up fast!!!

Back
Top Bottom