Miss_Jayne's Handy Dandy Guide to Resizing Avatar Photos

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
okay, folks! here it is, the uber handy guide to resize that photo/logo/image for your avatar that you always wanted but couldn't upload.

1. Find photo/logo/image whatev. (make sure it is in the proper form ie: jpeg, png or gif)

2. Save photo/logo/image (image from now on) to your files. (i use My Pictures)

3. Log onto BYC's 'Uploads' page.

4. Click the Browse button. Choose the file for the image you saved to your files. Click on the pull down menu for the different size options. Choose the Avatar option. Click the 'resize image?' to check the box. Hit the Submit key.

5. Wait for the image to be uploaded. When you see it on the screen, double click the image.

6. Image will be small, on another screen. Right click on the image. Save it to your files (with a different name than the previous size).

7. Open the BYC page 'Profile'. Then choose the option 'Personality'.

8. Upload the newly sized image by following the instructions there. End process by hitting the 'Submit' key at bottom of page whenever changing personality.

9. Note: Many browsers "cache" images so even after you update your avatar it may still show your old one. If this happens hold down the Ctrl key and then hit F5. This will "force refresh" the browser and reload your new image. (good note provided by Nifty) if you cannot force refresh, just refresh your screen several times to see your new avatar.

if you need more help, shoot me a PM and i will do what i can.

Last edited:
WOW

thumbsup.gif

I must be missing something. I have resized the image using the uploads. I doubled clicked it, hit save, i sent it to desktop I can see it there, clicked browse on the avatar upload, i found it there, but still no new avatar.....grrrrrrrr

did you hit the submit key at the bottom of the personality page? whenever you change something in your profile, you need to hit the 'submit' key.

i will add that to the directions, as it is at the bottom of page, some may not see it.

thumbsup.gif

bow.gif
Miss Jayne! Thanks. I had tried before, but missed the "minor" step of saving the avatar size under a different name.

Back
Top Bottom