Missing!!! 7 year old child-North Florida

Quote:
Please don't mistakenly assume, like Boyd has done, that my stance is in any way compassion for the rapist.

My stance is purely for the protection of the victims.

You have a life. I would not see that taken from you because a rapist had nothing to lose by silencing his victim permanently.

No one has compassion for a rapist. And I certainly do not feel that you have any compassion for one either.

I do have compassion for you.................................

Most rapist do silence their victims by threatening them into silence. The fear that they are going to come back and do it again or come back and kill them if they tell. How many women and children do not step forward because of this?

I just think their has to be a better way than to imprison them for such short time, knowing that they are going to get back out and do it again.

I don't mind paying my tax dollars to house a rapist for the rest of their lives, that would be better than them getting out to do it again.

My Mother and My Aunt were both silenced from fear. My mom was 13 yrs old, silenced for 44 years, and I hate to think in that 44 years how many other victims are there.

My dad beat a man because he followed me everywhere I went. He left me alone, but ended up raping and sodomizing one of my friends. I didn't know until last year that he was my Aunts rapist. My dad should have went to the police, but they wouldn't have done anything at the time, because he silenced his victims and had no record.

I don't have the perfect solution for getting rapist off the streets, but surely there has to be a better way.

Quote:
I wrote all of my state legislators about a year ago, a personal e-mail to each which took hours and hours, asking them if they were going to uphold the Constitution of the U.S. or not, that I needed to know that. Out of all those people (40ish?), I got three responses, and they were all telling me how offended they were by me, and still didn't answer the question.

State senators and reps, they will respond even months later. I sent McCain an e-mail about amnesty, his response was a blanket response that discussed how he fought the stimulus deal, but didn't mention amnesty. Out of the clear blue, I get sent that same response every couple of months, just so I can get mad all over again.

Quote:
I wrote all of my state legislators about a year ago, a personal e-mail to each which took hours and hours, asking them if they were going to uphold the Constitution of the U.S. or not, that I needed to know that. Out of all those people (40ish?), I got three responses, and they were all telling me how offended they were by me, and still didn't answer the question.

State senators and reps, they will respond even months later. I sent McCain an e-mail about amnesty, his response was a blanket response that discussed how he fought the stimulus deal, but didn't mention amnesty. Out of the clear blue, I get sent that same response every couple of months, just so I can get mad all over again.

this made me sad
sad.png

Quote:
Who is suggesting he gets off?

I'm a rape and a molestation victim. I think we need to bring back flogging in the public square for these bastards in addition to their jail sentence. I'm happy to be on the firing squad for the death penalty.

It's a crime heinous enough that we don't need to spread misinformation about it. The truth is bad enough.

Quote:
I will disagree slightly.

I think if the rapist kills the victim, yes, death penalty.

But if the victim lives, no death penalty.

The simple reason for this is that it gives the rapist a reason to leave the victim alive. Without this, the rapist is better off killing the victim and that's not something we want to have happen.

I disagree...who says that every victim is better off alive? There are plenty of victims that lose their ability to live because of the emotional trauma involved... some commit suicide after, some never are able to have a trusting loving relationship again, so can never bear children after etc etc etc

And now with the diseases out there that these preverts can transmit to the victim...
in some cases death would be easier.

Last edited:
Quote:
Who is suggesting he gets off?

I'm a rape and a molestation victim. I think we need to bring back flogging in the public square for these bastards in addition to their jail sentence. I'm happy to be on the firing squad for the death penalty.

It's a crime heinous enough that we don't need to spread misinformation about it. The truth is bad enough.

Quote:
I will disagree slightly.

I think if the rapist kills the victim, yes, death penalty.

But if the victim lives, no death penalty.

The simple reason for this is that it gives the rapist a reason to leave the victim alive. Without this, the rapist is better off killing the victim and that's not something we want to have happen.

I disagree...who says that every victim is better off alive? There are plenty of victims that lose their ability to live because of the emotional trauma involved... some commit suicide after, some never are able to have a trusting loving relationship again, so can never bear children after etc etc etc

And now with the diseases out there that these preverts can transmit to the victim...
in some cases death would be easier.

I would never say that people who survive the Holocaust or state torture like in those in Iraq did are better off dead. I would think that someone who was molested or raped was not better off dead either. People survive atrocities and do go on to have productive lives.

What we need is better psychological services for victims of such crimes.

My mother was sexually abused as a child. She came from a family where kids were expected to be very obedient. So, she did not have the ability to speak out against an adult. Yes, my mother had serious mental problems but I don't think that she believed that she was better off dead. And I certainly am glad that she lived because I wouldn't exist if she had died. To be frank, I like existing.
smile.png

I believe that until judges uphold the law...we will slide further and further into vigilantism (?) Sooner or later people will make a law for themselves and then enforce it....slapping criminals on the wrist and releasing them is asking for trouble....

Quote:
Far more hold their silence due to the blame the victim attitude that comes out in rape. With the pressure women and especially children get to not throw their attackers (most often known to them) in prison, imagine how much more pressure they'd get if Strange Uncle Joe would instead be executed?

One of my friends was a victim of molestation. When she finally came forward and turned in her attacker, her family blamed her for 'tearing apart the family'. If she'd have known her grandfather was going to be executed if she'd turned him in, she would have kept her mouth shut and the cycle undoubtedly would have continued.

Not to mention, there are many people out there with a strong moral opposition to the death penalty. If you asked one of these women to turn in their attacker, it would be a severe emotional and moral trauma for her because then she would blame herself for his death. Thus, another woman silenced.

Victims have enough trouble coming forward as is. All a mandatory death penalty would do is give a rapist more reason to kill his victim and a victim more reason to hold her silence.

Quote:
Please never council rape victims. I'd hate to have gone for help and been told I'd have been better off if my rapist had killed me.

i do think rapist should be locked up for life because they live with the though in their head for the rest of their life. i do think it is a little suspicious that her sister didnt do anything to stop her from running like grab her hand or run after her it just makes you wonder i she really telling the truth.

Quote:
Far more hold their silence due to the blame the victim attitude that comes out in rape. With the pressure women and especially children get to not throw their attackers (most often known to them) in prison, imagine how much more pressure they'd get if Strange Uncle Joe would instead be executed?

One of my friends was a victim of molestation. When she finally came forward and turned in her attacker, her family blamed her for 'tearing apart the family'. If she'd have known her grandfather was going to be executed if she'd turned him in, she would have kept her mouth shut and the cycle undoubtedly would have continued.

Not to mention, there are many people out there with a strong moral opposition to the death penalty. If you asked one of these women to turn in their attacker, it would be a severe emotional and moral trauma for her because then she would blame herself for his death. Thus, another woman silenced.

Victims have enough trouble coming forward as is. All a mandatory death penalty would do is give a rapist more reason to kill his victim and a victim more reason to hold her silence.

Quote:
Please never council rape victims. I'd hate to have gone for help and been told I'd have been better off if my rapist had killed me.

I do honestly understand everything that you have said. I also know that you have to be able to forgive to find peace in your heart. I do feel that some don't step forward because of shame, but alot of them also do not step forward from fear.

Sometimes I become so angered at these rapist and the only thing that I can think of at the moment is they deserve to die. I do think they deserve to die, but I also understand what your saying. It would also put those that simply had an underage girlfriend at risk for the death penalty.

I dont' care if you walk down town naked, NO is NO period. It doesn't matter how you dress, it isn't about sex, it isn't about flirting, it's about Control. So, no one should hold any shame. But, I am sure that they do.

(CETAWIN) I do not feel that any rape victim would be better of if they had been killed. There are alot of survivors. I agree some have committed suicide, but I think it is more so the ones that tried to hold it all in from shame or fear from being looked down on or whatever the case may have been. I think what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I don't feel that anyone should hold any shame for being raped.

Quote:
Actually, you don't. I will never forgive my attackers, what they did was unforgivable. But that doesn't mean they keep me from being at peace with myself or that I have to waste any portion of my day hating or being angry at them or allow them any control over my thoughts and feelings as I go on with my life.

IMHO, it's wrong to ask victims to forgive those who have done violence against them. It puts the onus back on the victim, making them feel ashamed and wrong if they are unable to forgive. It's an unnecessary burden to ask them to bear, especially given that hating and being angry at their attacker can get them through a rough patch. As long as their attacker is their to blame, they don't blame themselves.

Back
Top Bottom