Missing cat came home !!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bayouchica, Jul 30, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    I couldn't believe my eyes this morning!! It's been two months since our cat,Phat went missing.He's a little skinny,but he's just fine.
    Phat isn't the most friendly cat,grumpy really. He used to be my nieces cat & lived uptown.Phat has been out here 7 yrs & he's been fixed too.I have no idea why he left.
    He went missing around the same time the 5' gator showed up,we figured he got eaten.
    Phat is really a neat cat, he my canoe kitty & loves to ride in the truck & on our little red wagon,lol.
    I wish he could tell us where in the world he went.. we are surrounded by woods & then the bayou,so there's no telling. [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Wow!! So glad he came home!!

3. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    I'm so happy for you! It's good to here a happy ending!

4. mdoerge

mdoerge Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The same thing happened to our cat several years ago. She disappeared Memorial Day weekend and reappeared (thin and stressed) around 4th of July. My vet said that possibly she got locked in someone's barn.

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm Happy your cat came home, maybe he was hurt and it took this time to heal, or maybe someone picked him up and decided to keep him and he escaped and came back home![​IMG]

6. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Yeah!!! That is so nice.

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    My cat Monkey disappeared like that for six weeks. I think he was around the apartment most of the time. I'm pretty sure I even saw him once. He somehow got wounded on his jaw, it got infected, and he decided to come home. He's been attached to my hip ever since.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Welcome home Kitty!!! [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm always happy when the cat comes home! I'm worried about Pudster, he hasn't been seen in a couple of days, but he is a boy cat! And a stray,,,, but he never vanishes. The chickens are mean to him though, even though he protects them, I'd move too!

10. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Here's the Phat one,lol. He's all fur,lol.
    My neice named him Taz to begin with.His names evolved from that,Phat-o-potomus,Phat-puss,Phay-one, etc.
    I gave him some can cat food & he just loved it.I called my hubby & he couldn't believe it.

[​IMG]

It's been several yrs ago, but someone had some cats that lived inside.I think the owner (elderly) died in the hospital & the cats were locked up inside with only water for two months or more.They survived,it's amazing.. poor kittys. They got placed into good homes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by